Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
For all of you PT Lovers out there

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Oct 2005, 01:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default For all of you PT Lovers out there

My company: Saw Mill Auto Sales of New York, is offering BRAND NEW Pt Cruisers for very cheap prices. We currently have 12 available. The cars were being sold at a tent sale and the tent collapsed. The cars have very MINOR DAMAGE and are being sold for up to $10,000 dollars under sticker price. Need an extra PT? Want to get a matching one for the wife? Or are you a pt lover who just can't afford that dealership price? If so Call us toll free at 1-800-497-3257 ext. 127. Ask for Matt. Or e-mail us at sawmillint@aol.com. Thank You.
Old 05 Oct 2005, 08:32 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by face

My company: Saw Mill Auto Sales of New York, is offering BRAND NEW Pt Cruisers for very cheap prices. We currently have 12 available. The cars were being sold at a tent sale and the tent collapsed. The cars have very MINOR DAMAGE and are being sold for up to $10,000 dollars under sticker price. Need an extra PT? Want to get a matching one for the wife? Or are you a pt lover who just can't afford that dealership price? If so Call us toll free at 1-800-497-3257 ext. 127. Ask for Matt. Or e-mail us at sawmillint@aol.com. Thank You.
Did that 'tent' happen to be in New Orleans when it collapsed?

Join the SEMA Action Network
http://www.semasan.com
Old 06 Oct 2005, 08:10 am
Obsessed Cruiser

You can browse here (from another forum):
http://www.sawmillsalvage.com/
Buyer Beware![:0]
Why would a car be totalled for "minor wind damage"?????
Submerged, yes...

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 06 Oct 2005, 09:59 am
Fresh Cruiser

Your skepticism is understandable. But we are a credible company that has been in business for over fifty years and our reputation proceeds us. We do sell "REPAIRABLE" vehicles at a reduced price. A car is totalled when damage to a vehicle exceeds $350 and by law the vehicle can no longer be sold as new by a dealership. There are no strings attatched and we have nothing to hide. We would be happy to answer any questions. Thank you.
Old 06 Oct 2005, 02:08 pm
Regular Cruiser

Is This You?
http://www.sawmillauto.com/
I don't see where it says anything about damage..
OOPS, sorry I do see where it say's wind damage.
Old 06 Oct 2005, 07:48 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:

Your skepticism is understandable. But we are a credible company that has been in business for over fifty years and our reputation proceeds us. We do sell "REPAIRABLE" vehicles at a reduced price. A car is totalled when damage to a vehicle exceeds $350 and by law the vehicle can no longer be sold as new by a dealership. There are no strings attatched and we have nothing to hide. We would be happy to answer any questions. Thank you.
You still didn't answer my question: When and where did the tend blow down?

Right now folks have to be very careful because 'flood damaged' cars have a tendency to develop ugly problems down the road.

And unless a Really Careful rebuilder does the job, a Salvage Title can mean an unsafe and unreliable set of wheels.

While you guys may be reputable and reliable, there are folks buying 'parts only' wrecks and doing a sleazy half-a$$ed rebuild, then laundering the titles thru a few interstate transfers... 'Carfax is my friend'.

It looks like your wind damaged PTs need some glass and minor bodywork; the only long term risks are minor. None if a good body shop does the work.

But there are a bunch of new flood damaged 'salvage' cars out there... Salt Water flood damaged.... which will be giving people grief for years to come.
Join the SEMA Action Network
http://www.semasan.com
Old 06 Oct 2005, 11:24 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:

A car is totalled when damage to a vehicle exceeds $350 and by law the vehicle can no longer be sold as new by a dealership.
What law? Which state? Here's a question: Do these cars carry a manufacturers warranty? I can't see any reason Chrysler would not warranty a car with $350 worth of damage to it.

SRG
Old 07 Oct 2005, 08:58 am
Obsessed Cruiser

[quote]quote:Originally posted by SRG

Quote:
Originally posted by face

Do these cars carry a manufacturers warranty? I can't see any reason Chrysler would not warranty a car with $350 worth of damage to it.
Nope, no warranty - this is posted on other PT sites - with equal skepticism.
Total a car for $400 worth of damage? WHY?
If it sounds to good to be true....
Hey, you can buy one of these cars if you help out the Nigerian Prince.....
Old 07 Oct 2005, 11:43 am
Obsessed Cruiser

From PT Dave on another forum....

National registry of flooded cars, listed by vehicle identification number (VIN), available to police agencies, state motor vehicle departments and, for the first time, the general public via the Internet at nicb.org.
http://nicb.org/

Check here before you buy your next PT/car

We’ve all heard the reports: Hurricane Katrina left an estimated half a million flood-damaged vehicles in her wake—with as many as 250,000 now drying out and headed for the used-car market.

Autoweek has the full story. I think it is a must read for anybody wanting to buy a car in the next year.

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103307
Old 07 Oct 2005, 11:47 am
Fresh Cruiser

The tent collapsed in Miami. Not New Orleans. I don't know how bad Miami was hit in the hurricane. These cars have no rust, mildew, or moldy smell at all and there was no water in them.