Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
electrical problem?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Oct 2005, 01:30 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default electrical problem?

hi!i'm new here.we bought a 2003 P.T.,w/22,000 miles.we love it! it's a standard model.the problem we're having is when we make a left turn at @ 10 to 20 mph,sometimes the int dome light will briefly come on,and a chime will sound.A few sec"s later,the dome light will go back out. It even happens with a full tank of gas,thinking it was maybe the sending unit& float in the tank. All doors & trunk lid are closed securely. Could it be a bad "jam" switch? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10 Oct 2005, 02:16 pm
Cool Cruiser

Intermittent problems are hard to diagnose, but the jam switches would be the first place to check. Since it's only left turns, check the right side doors and tailgate. If the tailgate light isn't coming on, the doors are most likely. Try putting a couple layers of tape on the spot where the switch contacts the door and retry. You can also try putting a couple towels on the inner door panel and pressing (gently) with your feet to see if you can trigger the problem at rest. anything that causes the problem regularly will help the diagnosis. Good Luck

2004 Dark Plum Base with windows tinted, cabin filter, silencers removed, fog lights, 18\'s, all Red taillights, Blaine\'s struts, modesty cover, color-matched center dash, 06 rear bumper
Old 11 Oct 2005, 06:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

thanks purple 04! i'll try that