Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Well, that's the end....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Oct 2005, 09:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Well, that's the end....

After many many issues with my GT over the last 2 1/2 years (so many, I put in for lemon law), I finally got the go ahead from the lawyers to sell my GT. The big suprise was how little it was worth to any of the 6 dealers (different brands) that I went to. The lowest that was offered for my 2003 with 30,000 miles (well below the average) was $8700 and the highest was $11,500 ...considering I still owed $ 13,000 on it! So, all being said, I picked up my brand new 2005 Hyundai Elantra tonight...better mileage, better warranty, got it for $12,000! The dealer sucked, but the price and all else clinched it.

Now for the really bad news....I will not be coming on this forum anymore...I realize that I haven't been very active in the past, mostly because of my issues with my car, but I came on here about 3-4 times a week to get a lot of 'good' news about other people's PT's and their experiences. Wish I could have said the same about mine....it was quite an experience though...Chrysler dealer service departments have lived up to the name 'crap', as I had to take my PT to at least 6 different dealers until I found a dealer that would actually admit there was something wrong with my car!

Anyways....thanks to all of you that have entertained me in both good and bad times, and I will stop by from time to time to see how things are...
Old 22 Oct 2005, 11:54 pm
Young Cruiser

Sorry to see you go Joe. I hope you have better luck with your Hyundai. The 05's look really nice. Maybe you can find a Hyundai forum!

Mikey
Old 23 Oct 2005, 02:47 pm
Cool Cruiser

Sorry to hear, but if you think your PT had isssues, just wait. That Elantra you just bought isn't going to be any better. My wife had a Hyundai and it had nothing but problems. She sold the car within a year after the whole dash had to have a new wiring harrness put in! And that was after numerous trips to the dealership for a bunch of minor stuff that broke, like the rear view mirror which kept falling off and a window that wouldn't seal and sounded like a flock of birds at any speed over 45mph. She got lucky and found a sucker that gave her $300 over what she owed on it.
Please see Forum Guidelines regarding signature image sizing.
Old 26 Oct 2005, 05:25 pm
Cool Cruiser

I love my '04 GT, had no problems at all. It bums me out to hear about your car.

Good luck with the Hyundai.

Borla Duals, unecessary Airad CAI Thing, 18\" Boyd\'s Smoothies, and she\'s dropped an inch or two.

www.amazingarthur.com
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/559523/1
Old 26 Oct 2005, 08:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

[^]I had VERY good luck with my '02 and recently procured a '06. Very pleased so far.