PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Door jam switches on 2003 PT Cruiser?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tpscruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Oct 2005, 02:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Door jam switches on 2003 PT Cruiser?

Where are the door jam switches on front doors&decklid?Are they maybe a magnetic switch?I found switch buttons on the rear doors.the reason is I'm still having a problem of when following a road to the left at 20mph to 60mph,sometimes the int dome light will come on,and we will hear 1 chime.then dome light goes out@3secs later! we've noticed also that it hasn't done it when headlights are on! Purple04 suggested we try a couple of things.I tried these,but the problem would not happen. Thanks Everybody![:I]
Old 24 Oct 2005, 03:01 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

The switches for the dome light on the 2002 and up are built into the front door latches, same with the hatch. There are no visible buttons for those doors & hatch. Could be a loose or bare wire making contact with the body when making a turn.
One thing you can try is the open a front door and use a screwdriver to rotate the latch in the door to the closed position. The second click is the closed position. Wait for the dome lights to go out and shake the door and see if they come back on. If they do, that's the door with the switch/wiring problem. IMPORTANT Before closing the door, pull the inside door handle to open the latch again. You may damage the latch if you close the door without opening the latch.
Repeat this with the other door. I think you posted about this on another forum that the word "Door" shows up in the odometer area when this happens, so the hatch should not be the problem but can be checked in the same way.
Best of luck and let us know what you find.
ronsr likes this.
Del Val PT Cruisers