Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Lowered PT vs. Roadkill?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Oct 2005, 03:01 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Lowered PT vs. Roadkill?

The question occurred to me this weekend after a close call with a coyote. I've been wanting to lower my PT using the Goldline coils but I'm curious what happens when a lowered PT hits an armidillo at say, 60mph? Has anyone had a problem since lowering their PT? Am I just paranoid?
Old 24 Oct 2005, 05:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

You're not just paranoid - it's why I only lowered the rear of my PT. As is, I scrape bunnies & squirrels if they're not squashed flat - lowering the front would mean more of that.[:I]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 24 Oct 2005, 11:00 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to thegoldpt Send a message via Yahoo to thegoldpt

I kept mine stock so i dont have to worry at allll..............
Old 25 Oct 2005, 09:07 am
Fresh Cruiser

I dropped mine with the Goldline Slammer springs and havent had any problems so far.Plus with the addition of the APC bodykit,it left the PT looking even lower.Roadkill hasnt been a problem for me,only go really slow over speedbumps so you dont bottom out.

http://ptcruiserworld.tenmagazines.com/mygallery.ten?id=3547

APC Aero Body kit
Carbon Fiber Hood
17\" Konig Wheels Custom Painted Black
Old 25 Oct 2005, 03:29 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Lemme tell ya my roadkill story! I have my PT lowered 2inches and have the APC body kit. Going home one day I was changing lanes on the highway and what was left of a big dog in the middle of the road center punched my front bumper. Broke the lower half completely in twane... Instead of fixing it I'm just goinf to replace it with the Xenon Crusher front end...Just gotta find a decent place local to paint it.
Old 25 Oct 2005, 06:36 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Thing to remember when 'harvesting' roadkill: Take a Real good look at the vulnerable location of the oil filter...

Car and Driver magazine managed to kill the engine of a test PT after hitting a racoon...(racoon parts holed the oil filter... oil pumped out, and by the time the oil-pressure idiot light came on, the engine was already damaged.)

If you Really want to do your hunting with a vehicle, a full sized 4x4 pickup with bumper bars and skidplates is the hot ticket.
Join the SEMA Action Network
http://www.semasan.com
Old 26 Oct 2005, 12:36 am
Cool Cruiser

LOL thats kinda funny, i try and not to hit aniamls. Or try and go around them if there hit [:0]

\"You All Laugh Because I\'M Different, I Laugh Because YOU\'RE All The Same!\"
Old 26 Oct 2005, 12:52 am
Young Cruiser

I ran over a desert tortoise about a month ago, coming into Lake Havasu City Az. My car is lowered, and I sustained no damage. I felt bad for the turtle though, what was left of it. It made a pretty loud noise too, I was suprised that there was no damage.[:I]
\'01 Cranberry PT Touring 5spd, 17\"BBS YZ Rims, 2-10\" Polk Momo Subs, Infinity speakers all around, Sirius Satellite Radio, Valentine One Radar Detector, lowered with Eibach Pro-Kit, BTG strutbar,K&N FIPK intake, Flowmaster cat-back exhaust, Blllet Aluminum Grille, 5% tinted windows all around, B&M Short Shifter w/Booger Bushings. Interior & Exterior Red Underglow. $55 in the gas tank (5-8-06)

Old 26 Oct 2005, 02:00 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to thegoldpt Send a message via Yahoo to thegoldpt

17 and drives a cruiser...... I am glad i am not the only one........
Old 26 Oct 2005, 07:32 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by fritz_t_coyote

Thing to remember when 'harvesting' roadkill: Take a Real good look at the vulnerable location of the oil filter...

Car and Driver magazine managed to kill the engine of a test PT after hitting a racoon...(racoon parts holed the oil filter... oil pumped out, and by the time the oil-pressure idiot light came on, the engine was already damaged.)

If you Really want to do your hunting with a vehicle, a full sized 4x4 pickup with bumper bars and skidplates is the hot ticket.
Gotta believe that was a freak accident - the filter isn't lower than the oil pan....
As to "hunting" - I don't but I'm on the road by 04:30 AM, and animals are suicide-bent at that hour.
I was considering having little decals with circles with lines over - couple squirrels, 3 bunnies, a deer,... on the driver's door of my '02, but I was afraid of PETA nuts....