Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Check out my new PT!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Dec 2005, 05:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Check out my new PT!

I made a little photo montage of my PT today with my new digital camera. Finally got my new bumper re-painted. Here is a link to the pics. It's to big to post on here and I don't want to slow anyones computer down. Nor make any moderators mad at me. I'm done with the exterior, and engine. Now to work more on the interior. Enjoy and tell me what you think about my 02 Supercharged PT.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...ar_montage.jpg
Old 28 Dec 2005, 06:11 pm
Senior Cruiser

Very well done![?]
Old 28 Dec 2005, 06:49 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to TurboCruiser13

Nice work indeed! How's the fit and finish of the APC rollpan? I've already got the APC front on the way and I've been in search of a rollpan for awhile. Became attatched to the look of the APC one but have not seen it up close and personal. Inquiring minds would like to know
Old 28 Dec 2005, 07:03 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TurboCruiser13

Nice work indeed! How's the fit and finish of the APC rollpan? I've already got the APC front on the way and I've been in search of a rollpan for awhile. Became attatched to the look of the APC one but have not seen it up close and personal. Inquiring minds would like to know
It was a pain in the a#$ to install, but it looks okay. If I had to do it over, I would have bought one of the more expensive rear roll pans. The APC one that I have (Intergrated-Rear) has a slight overlap that sticks out further than the trunk lid does. It is minor, but I'm a perfectionist. It's about .25inches. I would have liked it to be flush. Plus it is very hard to get the gap closed up between the fender and the bumpers. I finally got mine closed up after a little drilling and adding extra bolts. Aparently there were other people that complained about this too, and now there is another APC rollpan that has only a single exhaust cut-out instead of dual, but it fits much better (Aero-Rear).
Old 28 Dec 2005, 07:30 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to gonzomania

Nice!!!!!!

Gonz
Old 28 Dec 2005, 10:00 pm
Cool Cruiser

Looks really nice. That is the spoiler I really like. Wheels look good too. How do like the supercharger? Which one do you have? I wouldn't mine putting one on my PT. I put one one Marauder last year and love it. Let me know how it holds up.
Front lowered 1.5 inches, rear lowered 2.5 inches
Kenwood in dash CD/Sirius/Six Disk Changer
First of a few mods

2004 Mercury Marauder (Supercharged)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigslim2
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/484421
Old 28 Dec 2005, 10:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

very, very nice!![?]
Old 29 Dec 2005, 12:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigslim

Looks really nice. That is the spoiler I really like. Wheels look good too. How do like the supercharger? Which one do you have? I wouldn't mine putting one on my PT. I put one one Marauder last year and love it. Let me know how it holds up.
Well, after some extensive research, I went with the JR(Jackson Racing) supercharger. The reason being that it sounded MORE reliable. Whipple makes one and so does Ken Bell. But all have had their share of problems. the JR does not produce as much HP as the Whipple but it is easier to install and looks nice and stock when it's done. The only problem I had was that it had a misfire in 5th gear with the pedal to the floor. But after trying a few different things, I realized that the stock spark plugs would not handle the after market Superchager. I had to install the PT Turbo spark plugs. They run a little bit colder, so it took care of the misfire problem and now EVERYTHING is fine. Runs great, had it installed in late August and have had no other problems. Dyno said my car was at 220HP. That's about what the Turbo PT's put out. Plus I am running 18's on my front wheels. Dealership was very helpfull with the installation. I'll have to take some pictures of the engine bay soon. I want to ad a little more chrome first to brighten things up. Hope this helps.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 08:48 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to rte662006

Nice car.Everything looks great.I am thinking about the jackson supercharger also,Any info about it would be helpful.wb605@msn.com
Old 29 Dec 2005, 09:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Wicked_PT

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigslim

Well, after some extensive research, I went with the JR(Jackson Racing) supercharger. The reason being that it sounded MORE reliable. Whipple makes one and so does Ken Bell. But all have had their share of problems. the JR does not produce as much HP as the Whipple but it is easier to install and looks nice and stock when it's done. The only problem I had was that it had a misfire in 5th gear with the pedal to the floor. But after trying a few different things, I realized that the stock spark plugs would not handle the after market Superchager. I had to install the PT Turbo spark plugs. They run a little bit colder, so it took care of the misfire problem and now EVERYTHING is fine. Runs great, had it installed in late August and have had no other problems. Dyno said my car was at 220HP. That's about what the Turbo PT's put out. Plus I am running 18's on my front wheels. Dealership was very helpfull with the installation. I'll have to take some pictures of the engine bay soon. I want to ad a little more chrome first to brighten things up. Hope this helps.
Thanks for that info. I will keep it in mind.
Front lowered 1.5 inches, rear lowered 2.5 inches
Kenwood in dash CD/Sirius/Six Disk Changer
First of a few mods

2004 Mercury Marauder (Supercharged)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigslim2
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/484421