Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
GPS radio dvd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Jan 2006, 02:26 am
Young Cruiser

Default GPS radio dvd

So I've enjoyed my GPS system in my '05 GT, it's a lifesaver in SoCal. But recently I found it didn't have a section of freeway here in Phx that has been open for 2 years. I get to looking at the dis and manual...the disc is copyright 2003 !! I bought the car in July of 05. Before I go to another frustrating confrontation with the dealer...has anybody experience on this topic?
Old 18 Jan 2006, 11:35 am
Senior Cruiser

A lot of gps systems will give you one free update. Do you maybe have a card stuck in with your manual?
Old 18 Jan 2006, 11:43 pm
Young Cruiser

nope. and the updates are $150. guess I'll be fighting with the dealer again. If anyone has purchased a GPS equipped PT in the past 6 months or so, can you check your copyright on the dvd?
Old 19 Jan 2006, 02:51 pm
Cool Cruiser

From what I understand, in July of 2004 was the last update to the RB1 Navigation disc. Or do you have the RB3 unit? the RB1 uses only one disc, while the RB3 uses 2 to cover the U.S.

As for the RB1, the July 04 update was part #05064033AC, according to this Jeep Website: http://www.wjjeeps.com/nav.htm#PARTS

Also, a new update is due to be released in Jan or Feb of 06. You can call Alpine, the makers of the unit, the number is in the navigation users manual or on the disc itself.

As far as when the disc you have is copyrighted, I don't think it means it had to have been made then. The thing that you're concerned about is the part number of the disc.

Let us know what you find out, maybe the unit was dealer added, with an older database?

SRG
Old 22 Jan 2006, 02:06 am
Young Cruiser

my disc is 05064033AA. The window sticker shows it equipped with GPS from the factory. Just disappointed that a 2 year old freeway is not on my 6 month old cars $1100 radio!
Old 22 Jan 2006, 06:40 am
Cool Cruiser

According to this wehsite: http://www.wjjeeps.com/nav.htm that is an OLD version from November of 2003. I'd go back to the dealer and show him the info from that website.

SRG
Old 22 Jan 2006, 11:50 am
Obsessed Cruiser

bring it back and show the dealership, if you get no where with them call chrysler direct!!
Old 08 Sep 2008, 09:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: GPS radio dvd

This is a concern for almost all types of navigation systems. Al beit a frustrating and expensive concern. I recently bought my 2nd nav disck and the dealership sold it to me for there cost of 72.00 + Tax. I beleive retail on the disk is 175.00 for the RB1.

Lexus and other Highline vehicles experience the same thing. I had a similar scenario occur also where I was in a new area of construction and road didnt show on the screen but the voice prompts guided me to the location correctly. A trick with this is put the RB1 in trail mode and it will leave breadcrumbs store the address in your recent routes and once driven the system will retain the mapping information.

I know this is an old post but hope this helps someone else.
Old 08 Sep 2008, 11:54 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

You brought the topic back from the dead!

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 09 Sep 2008, 08:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Speaking of GPS's. Is there any way to fit any factory unit into the newer PT's? I have an 08 and the dash simply won't fit an REC unit even though the 08's connector and bus will support it.

I thought about using the Lockpick adapter and install the newer MyGig. I'd have to modify the bezel a bit to fit but shouldn't be too bad. Downfall is the cost of the MyGig and Lockpick bus adapter.

Aftermarket is ok, but won't work with factory Sirius and UConnect so more expenses that route.

Any ideas?