Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Pillar Pod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Jan 2006, 12:13 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Pillar Pod

Need to know where people have seen the best deal. Also where people have seen the guages that most closely resemble those of the stock guages, aka reverse glow, white day time, black/green at night.

Also need ideas on what type of guages to place in the pod. Have seen common, air/fuel, but not sure if it is worth installing on a N/A Pt. Also I think the air/temp guage is a good idea, seems interesting.

Sugamer had this install of the air/temp guage.

Thanks
Old 20 Jan 2006, 11:36 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Check with Maggie at www.raceandstreet.com. She has the best prices on most all PT stuff.
Old 21 Jan 2006, 03:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

You can also check on http://www.speedhut.com
BigPhil

Old 23 Jan 2006, 02:44 pm
Senior Cruiser

Those are rear and hard to find. I have two that I would like to find a home for.....

.....oil pressure and volts. They have a very subtle "carbonfiber" pattern. They are backlit and don't have that "swimingpool" of light like so many others. They come with senders, instructions, 5 various colored bulb covers, etc.

If you want to spend big bucks for custom gauges, check out www.speedhut.com
Old 23 Jan 2006, 11:31 pm
Senior Cruiser

2step, thanks but I think I might have found what I was looking for. I found at autometer. I found Phantom full sweep eletric 2-1/16" intake temp, and feul pressure. Was really looking for them to match. Want the intake temp for sure, but aren't sure what else I want in there yet. The volt meter would be sweet to have since my battery has almost died once since owning the PT. Had to replace battery at 48,000.

Not sure if I will ever find what I'm looking for however.
Old 23 Jan 2006, 11:54 pm
Senior Cruiser

OMG, I just ran a search on the web, found an vold meter from AutoMeter in the Phantom form, from Autobarn, for $50. Then searched for intake temp gauge, got back prices of 250+, why so much for that gauage??

Now thinking differently if that is the acutally cost.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 12:32 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Oil and volt meters would be most helpful on an N/A I would think.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 24 Jan 2006, 09:12 am
Senior Cruiser

PTGT Redman
You have the oil temp in the stock gauges I believe, unless thats the tranny temp, so I was thinking more of water temp. I appreciate your concern. I really needed the second opinion. I think diffenetly the volt meter, just arent too sure about the other yet.
Thanks
Old 24 Jan 2006, 09:44 pm
Senior Cruiser

You do know that the Phantom gauses are front-lit and not back-lit like the stock gauges. The ones I posted are back-lit and will match the OEM at night.

Here's another seller with back-lit gauges that are not too costly...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNIVE...31309579QQrdZ1

He has about 6 different gauges. Just click on "View sellers other items" and search "guages" to see them all. I can't tell if they have a brighter/day setting along with a dimmer/night setting that works with the on/off of the headlights.

He's low-balling on the price and hitting hard on shipping to make up for it but added together, it's still not too bad.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 10:00 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by KingKole02

PTGT Redman
You have the oil temp in the stock gauges I believe, unless thats the tranny temp, so I was thinking more of water temp. I appreciate your concern.
The stock gauge is water (coolent) temp and then you have a warning light for the oil pressure. Neither does much good. The light comes on after you have already lost oil pressure and the water temp is not displaying real time temperature. It's an average of temp spread over several minutes. Temp info is read by the PCM and only the average is displayed. Chrysler thinks we're too stupid to understand what the meaning of a needle moving around a little means. Might as well have a decal instead of the stock gauge.