Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
creaking noise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jan 2006, 01:34 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default creaking noise

my 2002 has a creaking sound that seems to come from where the dashboard meets the windsheild. It only creaks when going over uneven roads but especially when turning from the street into a driveway with a slight incline and the tires are turned. You would actually be putting the car into a twist. If I am driving straight down a smooth road and quickly see-saw the steering wheel left to right it will creak also. Its not that loud but annoying. Anyone else with this problem?
Thank You
Old 24 Jan 2006, 09:47 am
Obsessed Cruiser

You don't have a location, but if you're in winter climate now, I think it's pretty normal until car warms up - mine groans a bit when it's very cold for the first few miles.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 24 Jan 2006, 12:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Hey Don. You sure you didn't pack on a few pounds over the winter holidays and your PT is trying to you something.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 05:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

"PT is trying to you something" lol []
Old 25 Jan 2006, 02:24 am
Fresh Cruiser

Here is another clue...today it was raining (35 degrees) and the noise was gone as if the rain supplied the lubrication to silence the creak. Yes it is winter here and I do not think I hear it in the summer but I would sure like to find the source of the noise.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 09:53 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Something to try - get some silicone spray and spray a rag, then wipe the rubber door seals with the rag (it stinks when wet) - sqeaks are often rubber moving around, the silicone will lubricate them.

Nah, Crewzin - I weigh about 185 year-round.(or is that just round)

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 25 Jan 2006, 02:46 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

cruiser33,
Since you said it's raining and noise is gone than I would look under the hood and try QSD's suggestion of the silicone but wipe the weather strip around the engine compartment where the hood sits.
Del Val PT Cruisers
Old 28 Jan 2006, 01:11 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks all for your suggestions. I will try them this weekend. If I find the cause, I will post.