Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Noise from suspension???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Feb 2006, 10:23 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Noise from suspension???

I have this loud creaking noise coming from suspension area whenevr the car has been used for more than 15 minutes. It only comes when I am turning at very slow speed, like in a parking lot while turning nto a parking lot. It does not sound like a bad drive shaft, but more of like a rusty door hinge kinda sound. If its the drive shaft, often the sound will sound like few clicks while doing a full turn (uturn), but my car does not sound when doing u turn. I think that my suspension coils needs some grease, etc..but i dont know. anyone has experience???

secondly, is it normal for a pt cruiser to slighltly vibrate when accelarating on initial drive off? like from a stop to a drive off. i feel like a lsight wobble on my left front wheel then as teh speed gets fasterm the wobble is not apparent anymore. The dealer tols me that this is normal for all Pt cruisers. even the new ones have em. Is this true?

Thirdly, when idle (traffic lights), is it normal for the engine to shake intermittently like every 3 seconds. the rev meter is constant though at 0900 rpm. but the engine jerks/shake as if like a misfire. However, i have cleaned the injectors/throtthle body, changes new sparkplugs and wire. but problem still there. The dealer says its normal for this car. I beg to differ!

anyone can give comments/advise/piossible remedies? btw, my model is the baseline 2001 automatic with 68,000 miles.
Old 06 Feb 2006, 10:44 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome - you're the second owner from Dubai that I know of.
Have your ball joints checked for the noise.
You say wires & plugs were done - how long ago and with what? The stock wires are real garbage.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 06 Feb 2006, 08:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

ruzz1, welcome to the Forum, enjoy!!!![^]

None of the conditions you describe are NORMAL for a PT. I assume that your choice of dealers are slim to none, If there is more than one available to you, take it to another one.
Old 07 Feb 2006, 12:23 am
Regular Cruiser

Check out the topic I had started in the tech forums here...
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...TOPIC_ID=13832

Maybe there is a suggestion that can help you. I know there have been different people complaining about the same noises (just about) coming from the front.
Old 08 Feb 2006, 04:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I changed my spark plug and wires used by the dealer: MOpar products. just changed it a week ago.

on the wobbly/vibration tire feeling on initial drive off..anybody has experience? cud it be tie rods?
Old 09 Feb 2006, 01:06 am
Regular Cruiser

Never had THAT problem... hmmm what's the wear pattern look on your tires? Look normal? Maybe they might need to be aligned... badly? :P