Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT HOOD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Feb 2006, 12:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default PT HOOD

Does anyone know if the PT hood will fit in the PT, either in the backseat area or in the back cargo area. I'm making a drive to pick one up and need to know if I can drive the PT or make arrangement for a bigger car. Thanks.[:I]
Old 08 Feb 2006, 01:41 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by paully

Does anyone know if the PT hood will fit in the PT, either in the backseat area or in the back cargo area. I'm making a drive to pick one up and need to know if I can drive the PT or make arrangement for a bigger car. Thanks.[:I]
I had one dilivered to my work. I have the Reflections, dual ram air hood(modified). It cam in a freight box. I had to open the box, and remove it completely. It WILL fit if you take out your back seats, and laydown your front passenger seat. It fit, but I also had to shift gears. Still was not a problem. Just be carefull not to scratch anything. You may want to bring a blanket to protect your interior. I did the same thing when I had my body kit/front bumper painted. PTs have allot of room!
Old 08 Feb 2006, 05:08 pm
Cool Cruiser

When I got my suncoast creations hood, I had no trouble putting the original hood in the back, I flipped down the rear seats, and put it in with the 2 "ends" cushioned, and leaned the top (or the front end) over to the other side, cushioned again to protect the interior.

SRG
Old 08 Feb 2006, 07:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Took the backseats out, eyeballed it and it looks do-able. I'll give it a shot tomorrow in the PT.
Old 09 Feb 2006, 09:19 am
Senior Cruiser

My hood fit in the back with the seats folded down. Transported by me 200 miles to home.
Old 10 Feb 2006, 01:10 am
Fresh Cruiser

the hood fit in the back of the PT with the backseats taken out and the front passenger seat folded forward. Thanks all.