Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
touch up paint problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Feb 2006, 04:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default touch up paint problem

I just bought a used pt cruiser and decided to touch up a few scratches with mopar touch up paint. The texture was too goopy, so I gently tried to remove it before it dried. It wouldn't come off, so now it looks like I have a little paint smear on my car. How the heck can I remove the touch up paint without damaging the original paint on my car? HELP!

Also, does anyone know how to remove a speck of rust from a car? I don't want to put touch up paint on it until the rust is removed. It is literally a pin hole sized speck.

Thanks!
Old 22 Feb 2006, 05:13 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dalipardon

I just bought a used pt cruiser and decided to touch up a few scratches with mopar touch up paint. The texture was too goopy, so I gently tried to remove it before it dried. It wouldn't come off, so now it looks like I have a little paint smear on my car. How the heck can I remove the touch up paint without damaging the original paint on my car? HELP!

Also, does anyone know how to remove a speck of rust from a car? I don't want to put touch up paint on it until the rust is removed. It is literally a pin hole sized speck.

Thanks!
If it is a pin hole size rust, you can buy some rust remover polish at your local auto parts store. As for the touch-up paint that has dried, I would try some paint thiner or turpentine. If the paint has hardened, you may have to rub hard with a terry-cloth towel. I've done this before and it never damaged the factory paint in the surounding areas. Just make sure you use a good cleaner and wash that area imidiately after your done.
Old 22 Feb 2006, 05:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Wicked_PT

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dalipardon

Thanks!
If it is a pin hole size rust, you can buy some rust remover polish at your local auto parts store. As for the touch-up paint that has dried, I would try some paint thiner or turpentine. If the paint has hardened, you may have to rub hard with a terry-cloth towel. I've done this before and it never damaged the factory paint in the surounding areas. Just make sure you use a good cleaner and wash that area imidiately after your done.
Gracias! I will give it a try!

Thanks!