Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Front Window Switches

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Mar 2006, 02:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Front Window Switches

Hi newbie here. The front window switches have gone out on our 2002 PT. At first they did not want to work when it was cold, then they only wanted to go down, now they do not work at all. Has anyone else had this problem? I tried search but it does not seem to be functioning right now.

Mark
Old 02 Mar 2006, 05:09 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MYCRSROH

Hi newbie here. The front window switches have gone out on our 2002 PT. At first they did not want to work when it was cold, then they only wanted to go down, now they do not work at all. Has anyone else had this problem? I tried search but it does not seem to be functioning right now.

Mark
I have an 02 but never had this problem. Did you check with you dealership? Sounds like the motors may have gone out. But that would be strange if they all went out at the same time. Do you check all of your fuses?
Old 02 Mar 2006, 05:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

based on postings on other forums, this problem is more common than you would know, what Ive seen on the others is that it is a swith problem on the norm.
Old 03 Mar 2006, 10:10 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Suggest taking the switches out - they just pry out of their spot on the dash. With key on, see that you have 12V across switch - if you do, suspect switch.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 04 Mar 2006, 07:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

just saw two sets of switches on ebay for 9.99 each I think they end auction on em tomorrow
Old 06 Mar 2006, 01:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I started to try this but they did not want to come out easily and I was afraid to break something. Can you elaborate more on how you got them out?

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by quicksilverdon

Suggest taking the switches out - they just pry out of their spot on the dash. With key on, see that you have 12V across switch - if you do, suspect switch.
Old 06 Mar 2006, 01:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks can you send me a link to the auction even if it has closed?

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jaw41272

just saw two sets of switches on ebay for 9.99 each I think they end auction on em tomorrow
Old 06 Mar 2006, 01:28 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I use a putty knife and pry the window switch up from the bottom. Then disconnect the switch. I'm thinking I may have an extra switch in case you need one. I'll go check and let you know. Frank
Old 06 Mar 2006, 09:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...spagenameZWDVW

this one is 24.95 plus shipping, if you go to ebay motors, parts and accessories , pt cruiser there is like 4000 plus items, I usually check it once a day, and I dont remember when I saw the switches for 10 but they were there[:I]
Old 07 Mar 2006, 10:20 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Saw switches here, too:
http://community.webshots.com/album/548324547nfTwOy

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles