Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
I had it with this PT $#@$%!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Mar 2006, 10:24 am
Cool Cruiser

Default I had it with this PT $#@$%!!!

beside all the quality problem at 70K miles the front speaker cracked So I bought a pair of replacement.......took all the screws out of the panel but this f ing panel just stuck to the f ing door. Can't even put a flat screwdriver in to ply it open. SO WHATS THE POINT OF the screws if it stick to the door so tightly ......the cars a f ing pain to draw anyway and now its a f ing pain to fix ....even with clips underneath it shouldn't be this hard to remove.........what a focking car and a focking company
Old 03 Mar 2006, 10:28 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Tell us how you really feel...
Far as I know, all cars have panels with push-in fasteners.
Have your wife donate a spatula (plastic coated is preferable) - bend it pretty flat and work that in from an edge of the panel..

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 03 Mar 2006, 10:35 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ctown

beside all the quality problem at 70K miles the front speaker cracked So I bought a pair of replacement.......took all the screws out of the panel but this f ing panel just stuck to the f ing door. Can't even put a flat screwdriver in to ply it open. SO WHATS THE POINT OF the screws if it stick to the door so tightly ......the cars a f ing pain to draw anyway and now its a f ing pain to fix ....even with clips underneath it shouldn't be this hard to remove.........what a focking car and a focking company
Dude... Take a chill pill and take a deep breath. [8D]

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 03 Mar 2006, 01:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

WOW !! [xx(]
Old 03 Mar 2006, 01:59 pm
Cool Cruiser

sorry but I was expecting a 30min install and it turns out I'm back to the begining. THE DAMN SPEAKER IS TOO THICK the window hit the back of the speaker when fully open........THIS IS FRUSTRATING!.......spent 2hour in the cold (20degree windy) figuring, taking everything apart and hooking the new speaker up and at the very end find out the window need clearance and I had to take everything apart and part everything and old speaker back.......AHHH! now I need to get another set of speaker.......no wonder they have that clear sheet plastic backing the speaker. It might look like a protective membrane but it's actually telling u thats how far the speaker can recess into that hole......and I cut it out........I think I did more damage to the car today and didn't accomplish anything

few things to let u guys know:

1)yes they do have push in fasteners but these mofos are the hardest holding type out there and they're WAY inside the panel. You really have to pull on that plastiky panel to get it to pop. I had to see pic of where the push in are and had to pull it real had.......Also it's a pain to try to slip anything in the gap cause the panels sharp and VERY tight. If I was having problem with it I'm sure alot of you will also if you every try it. I had some exp too.............maybe it's on a very cold day but my fingers are hurting

2)even with the panel removed theres this freaking metal rod thats connect to the panel....I KNOW theres a clip but it's IMPOSSIBLE to unclip it.......I just couldn't get it to unclip........maybe it's the cold weather and I was standing on slippery icy surface and using my legs to hold the panel while trying to disconnect them but I couldn't do it.

3)you guys are right they are NOT 6.5" speakers they are 6.75" but you forgot to say that they need to be VERY VERY thin speakers or else glass problem........#@&^$! Also eventhough I go the right size it needs an adapter and it looks like I need to cut some thing on the door panel to no damage the speak when I pop the panel back on...u know that round circle on the inside of the speaker grill it looks like a perfect fit and if my speakers or off a little it'll be a problem.

I have done and install sound system on nissans, Audis, Toyotas,Hondas and I never had any type of problem like this before........it's like a mechanic once said about this PT.....these people who assemble these cars don't realize that they need to be repair someday.....

Theres one good thing I like to say is that the inside of the door panel show good quality and have some good safety features...Also there is an american flag inside the door panel thats strange .......whos going to see it and if u're proud of the quality make it so the outside is proud also

anyway I just had a bad day and it only noon

F it I give up I'll just order another pair and pay someone to do it..........I make more than that at work anyway
Old 03 Mar 2006, 02:43 pm
Regular Cruiser

WOW...You need to chill a little before trying work on your car !!!! I have had my door panels, and all of the other panels on the entire inside of the car off numerous times and I think they are rather easy to deal with. One good yank and the panels are off...after the screws are removed of course. Patience my friend and the job will go alot easier.

Old 03 Mar 2006, 03:02 pm
Senior Cruiser

I think thats the problem pt4u2nv, ctowns chilled too much! I remember when I lived in cold mofo country, ouch! Trying to do a brake job on a Sunday, must of been 20%, wind blowing like crazy, snowing, had no garage. Man, could hardly hold anything yet do much of anything, finally after getting totally teed off, left the car on ramps, walked to the corner store to buy some mightly fine tasting stuff, walked back home, went in the house and chilled!
Old 03 Mar 2006, 03:13 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigdogdad

I think thats the problem pt4u2nv, ctowns chilled too much! I remember when I lived in cold mofo country, ouch! Trying to do a brake job on a Sunday, must of been 20%, wind blowing like crazy, snowing, had no garage. Man, could hardly hold anything yet do much of anything, finally after getting totally teed off, left the car on ramps, walked to the corner store to buy some mightly fine tasting stuff, walked back home, went in the house and chilled!
[?] you totally know what I went through this morning just wanna say think you for understanding why I was so piss[8D] I just learn that no matter how excited u want to do something do not do it in the cold.....It was cold man......when I got back into the house I had to change my cloth to some warming ones.........I'm all good now....but I didn't pop the fasterner back in.....I don't wanna cut my finger again in a week trying to ply open the that panel [|)]
Old 03 Mar 2006, 11:12 pm
Young Cruiser

Ctown, sounds like you are a candidate or a new HHR.

Just kidding, the PT like all cars are just mechanical things, they break and wear out. I have stood in the cold and wind trying to fix something before and when I did everything seemed to go wrong.

Get a good nights sleep and tackle it again in the morning, it will be better.
Old 04 Mar 2006, 02:02 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I'm sure glad you are feeling better now. Working on a car in the cold, even here in Southern California, is not something I'd recommend. The cold adds quickly to the frustration.

Don aka Basset Hound

Pics at: http://members4.clubphoto.com/don284358/