Advertisements
Those ^*&($ GoodYear Eagle Tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Mar 2006, 07:18 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Those ^*&($ GoodYear Eagle Tires

OK IM VENTING HERE

I have a 2003 Base PT with only 27000 miles on it

So far i have had 4 of those ^&*(&*^@^@ eagle tires blow on me ..so much so I had to start caring a mini air compressor in the trunk

Well Yesterday yet another tire blew and this was one of the
replacement tires so had very few miles on it

Now I dont have a lot of cash so I went to Canadian Tire and bought some Moto Master Tires for $97.00 each and was surprised to find out if i have a flat it is fixed for free ,, and free tire rotation every 10,000 miles ,,and for a TOTAL of $24.00 extra I now have tire insurance so if at any time the tire blows or is faulty in the next 5 years reguardless of the miles on it it replaced free of charge

I would never buy another Eagle Tire

I know im not the only person who has had problems with these tires
it reminds me of the Firestone ones on the Explorer ..why has nothing been done about these tires

Oh sure they will replace them under warrenty but they are just as bad as the orginals and do you really want those on your car ? NO !

OK I have vented and feel better now

Thanks for listening

JGN a.k.a. PtCruiserGuyTO
Old 06 Mar 2006, 09:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

A very common problem resulting in blow outs is air pressure, that was one of the largest contributing factors to the whole firestone thing. Most people don't realize how important tire presure is, the other thing they don't realize is tire pressures are supposed to be checked and tested while tires are cold, that means you shouldn't drive to a gas station to check them, you should check and adjust them where you keep your car parked. That should really keep you from having blow outs, as well as help keep your mpg consistant.[8)]
Old 06 Mar 2006, 11:32 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

sorry to hear of your trobles with the tires hope all goes better for you now [^]
Old 07 Mar 2006, 10:07 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I know the tires are garbage, but haven't heard of blowouts...
What good would a compressor do in event of a blowout???
And the damned Good-for-a-Years aren't cheap, either!
Check Avon Tech M550 tires (tyres) at Tire Rack - they are cheap but have a top rating.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 07 Mar 2006, 10:09 am
Fanatic Cruiser

While I am not a Goodyear proponent, I must say that I got 30,000 on my 2003 Eagles before I was due for new ones. My wife's 2004 Eagles are holding up as well. Guess we have been fortunate. I went to the Michelin HydroEdge and am extremely pleased. When the wife's Cruiser is due, it too will get them.

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 09 Mar 2006, 11:29 am
Fresh Cruiser

For those on a budget, I just got 4 kumhos from tirerack (very highly rated by users who post their feedback on the tirerack site) for my 2001 PT. Tirerack price was ~$60/per and I habd them mounted/balanced locally for $40, so all new shoes for less than $300 and they are great tires in the wet and snow.. www.tirerack.com
Old 09 Mar 2006, 09:02 pm
Fresh Cruiser

When the tires went on the wifes outback, I bought bfg touring ta's for it from bj's wholesale club, excellent tires in all weather. All 4 mounted and balanced for under 400, lifetime flat fix, lifetime rotation, lifetime balancing. I have been back three seperate times for some slow leaks, no problem they fixed em, rebalanced them too, they have rotated them twice and I have been very happy with the service, I could easily rotate them myself, but if all it costs me is a few bucks to tip the guy doing it why bother. I guess when I am in need of new ones for my pt I'll be going to bj's to get em
[8)]
Old 09 Mar 2006, 10:21 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Take a look at Falken Ziex ZE-512's. I got mine from Sear's for $450 mounted and balanced. Probably one of the best performing tires out there for the price. Wet and Dry traction is phenominal, no road noise, and at a price that can't be beat.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 05:41 pm
Senior Cruiser

I check the tire pressure once a month and rotate twice a year.
have the Good for a years on the wifes Cruiser have not had any truble.If I got to pick which tires that came on the car. good year would not be my choice.I also would like to know what good would a
compressor do in the event of a blow out?

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)
Old 15 Mar 2006, 08:51 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jimbo

I check the tire pressure once a month and rotate twice a year.
have the Good for a years on the wifes Cruiser have not had any truble.If I got to pick which tires that came on the car. good year would not be my choice.I also would like to know what good would a
compressor do in the event of a blow out?

Well i do check my air pressure all the time ,,and I do get the tires rotated

The last blow out..was on the inside wall of the tire like two others ,,,,it just split but was holding together enought to use the compressor to get enough air in it to get me to the service station to see just how bad the tire was....as to not have to lower that spare under the car ....... as it turns out its was shot ,,,AGAIN !!

PT