PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Anyone else have lock problems on an 06?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Mar 2006, 06:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Anyone else have lock problems on an 06?

Well so far I ahve been really pleased with my base Inferno Red 06 PT. I had to replace my old GTI when a drunk totalled it in November.

But today I pull up to get gas and can't get out, the locks won't unlock!! Finally crawled out the passenger side and then the drivers door magically opened. I have an apponitment with the dealership Monday, I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
Old 15 Mar 2006, 08:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Not here and hope NOT.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 09:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

No problems at all.
Front lowered 1.5 inches, rear lowered 2.5 inches
Kenwood in dash CD/Sirius/Six Disk Changer
First of a few mods

2004 Mercury Marauder (Supercharged)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigslim2
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/484421
Old 15 Mar 2006, 11:43 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I haven't had this lock problem, but I do have a different lock problem with my remote not responding. I push it to arm/ lock or disarm/ unlock the car, but the car doesn't do anything. It seems to happen when the weather is on the cool side (55- 60 degrees) after I have driven to work or home.

It is an annoyance. I tried to unlock the car with the key and I set the alarm off when I opened the door. I have to use the remote to unlock the car. It can take a minute until the car responds to the remote. I tried using the spare remote when this has happened and it still doesn't respond.
Old 16 Mar 2006, 02:32 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TxSaintBear

I haven't had this lock problem, but I do have a different lock problem with my remote not responding. I push it to arm/ lock or disarm/ unlock the car, but the car doesn't do anything. It seems to happen when the weather is on the cool side (55- 60 degrees) after I have driven to work or home.

It is an annoyance. I tried to unlock the car with the key and I set the alarm off when I opened the door. I have to use the remote to unlock the car. It can take a minute until the car responds to the remote. I tried using the spare remote when this has happened and it still doesn't respond.
I have this happen with my car too. I have gotten out of the car and tried to set the alarm but it won't do anything. Doesn't happen a lot but has happened more than once.
Front lowered 1.5 inches, rear lowered 2.5 inches
Kenwood in dash CD/Sirius/Six Disk Changer
First of a few mods

2004 Mercury Marauder (Supercharged)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigslim2
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/484421
Old 16 Mar 2006, 08:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigslim

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TxSaintBear

I have this happen with my car too. I have gotten out of the car and tried to set the alarm but it won't do anything. Doesn't happen a lot but has happened more than once.
Something similar has happened to me once in a while. I'll leave my car (the 06), go to lock the doors using the remote, and nothing happens. Try the unlock nothing, try the panic button, nada. What seems to work for me is putting the key in the ignition and removing it. I don't need to start the car or anything, just put the key in, remove it, and it works again. [:I]
2005 Touring Edition Convertible - "Chucky's Revenge"
2006 RT 66 Edition - "Screaming Yellow Cruiser"
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2235560