Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Old Town

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Mar 2006, 07:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Old Town

May not be the place to post this, but I wondered if any of the Florida Cruisers show their cars on Friday nights at Old Town in Orlando. I have to come to Orlando the first week of April for a trade show and thought about showing the Cruiser on Friday night. Anyone down there gonna be showing?
Old 23 Mar 2006, 07:59 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Yep, been there a dozen times with the PT and Vette. Both too new to go there on a Saturday night. I have Friday the 7th of April open right now, but my wife's going into Gainsville Hospital this coming Monday and expected to be there for a week (Heart Problems) so I don't know when exactly she will be released or what condition she'll be in. So, I can make plans to meet you on the 7th but there's the chance I won't be able to show up. If the weather is good, there's loads (75-100)of cars that show up (starts at 5PM, parade at 9pm and awards and drawings at around 9:45)so you won't be alone and there's a couple other PT's that sometimes show up.

Old Town

Old 24 Mar 2006, 09:27 pm
Cool Cruiser

I think I get out of the trade show at 6 and it is at the convention center so I would think I might not be able to get there till 6:30 or so. Is that too late to get in? By the way Cary, I met you at MB this past year, and you visit the Carolina site once in a while. I have a silver 04 with ghost flames, not a lot of mods but working on it. I would like to go even if I can't show, I understand the medical stuff so if I don't see you there, I will see you at MB7. Hope all goes well with the wife.
Old 24 Mar 2006, 10:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Thanks. Cars show up till all hours and show off till 9pm when the parade starts. So arriving at any time is fine. I'll make plans to be there and hang around the car or won't be too far away most of the night.
Old 25 Mar 2006, 01:44 am
Cool Cruiser

Never been there. I will be there November 9th-12th for my National Marauder Meet and we will have a night there. Looks like a nice place.
Front lowered 1.5 inches, rear lowered 2.5 inches
Kenwood in dash CD/Sirius/Six Disk Changer
First of a few mods

2004 Mercury Marauder (Supercharged)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigslim2
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/484421
Old 25 Mar 2006, 07:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Slim,

It is a great place to show off your car. Hundreds of individual stores on both sides of the street. You actually park in the street outside the stores. There's an amuzement park on either end if the four blocks of stores, plus an amuzement drag race across the pond where you drag two cars 1/8 mile at a high rate of speed. Also a sky tower drop where they lift you about 200 feet in the air, and drop you (free fall for about 50 feet) before the harness your in takes hold and slings you in an arc. Hard to describe.

The down side is that because you right across the street from Disney, there's thousands of visitors all year long and they comes over to see all the shops, amuzements and cars. That's thousands of foriegn visitors with hundreds of kids and they're all going down the streets on both sides of your car looking over every inch and some of the visitors don't know not to touch or even try to get in the cars. A little nerve racking to be sure.

Old 25 Mar 2006, 09:03 pm
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for all the info.
Front lowered 1.5 inches, rear lowered 2.5 inches
Kenwood in dash CD/Sirius/Six Disk Changer
First of a few mods

2004 Mercury Marauder (Supercharged)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigslim2
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/484421
Old 26 Mar 2006, 06:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Crewzin i seen your pt at Orlando in the summer of 05 on a cruise night it was cool very nice, you was very attentive and answer all my ? it was fun,we will pray for your lady over here in Pa.thank you for being nice too us.Because is true every body wants to touch!again thank you
Old 26 Mar 2006, 09:44 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Your very welcome. Glad I was able to help. And thanks for your prayers.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 10:37 pm
Senior Cruiser

I've heard about it but have never been myself.