Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What my boss think of my PT :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Apr 2006, 11:05 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default What my boss think of my PT :)

My boss is a car nuts. His passionate about cars. Love every brand. He would stop for anything if you start a car conversation with him. This is what he think about my car after borrowing it from me

It's just a car. It's a good car if you're not a car fan or don't care about cars but if you do you will not be happy with it. It doesn't have the comfy ride or roominess like a Minivan. It doesn't even handle like a sedan(camry or A6) either. The interior trim feels cheap and the cabin is noisy. The ride is harsh.(totally agree when in NYC) a Van or a Sedan don't need good handling but it most be roomy, comfy and quite and a sports car or compact don't need to be roomy or comfy but it must handles and agile with a little punch when you give it gas. All car need that special something to make it a good car. The PT is right in the middle. Not good at anything and bad at alot of things. As for the looks 50/50 some like it some hate it. Also he asked me this "have you ever seen anyone cool in a PT before.....I remember thinking O man he'll get murder if you guys heard him say that. He say that he always see either women(he think women can't drive), some bold 50-80 year old or some fat girl driving in a PT and nothing else. He say that the worst car is like the PT. boring, unexciting, right dead in the middle.

What you guys think of what he said. His a 54 year old with a 27yr old wife BTW

[|)]
Old 02 Apr 2006, 12:10 am
Cool Cruiser

I did not buy a PT to worry what others think. Your boss hasn't been around much, PT's have more cool features and possible MOD's than most of the cars out thier. Even in the mods you see done the enjoyment comes from the accoomplisment and the individuals own creative nature. And on this forum is sharing the info. As far as being cool he must be voiceing his own opion of himself. Take a good look at you boss is he really all the interesting and cool. I think not. [8D]
Old 02 Apr 2006, 02:05 am
Regular Cruiser

I wonder just a little... What kind of Boss? needs to borrow.... An employee's car???
Is it just me??? When I had people, working for me, I would never have considered, borrowing their car??? After all I was making quite a bit more money than they were making??? Why would I, need to borrow their car??
Also, I would never think of putting down someone's car, after I had to borrow it???
Just what kind of "Car Guy", Boss do you have???
Old 02 Apr 2006, 03:04 am
Regular Cruiser

It's funny, when I come the first time with the Pt at my job, everybody was thinking it's was a very expensive car, and if you compare the price with the "european boxes" some bmw and audi are very expensive.My boss come on the parking to see my new car and said: "Hey Phil, if you can buy a car like that, thats mean I pay you too much" [:I] (he rides a A8...)
Old 02 Apr 2006, 03:14 am
Cool Cruiser

I'm a car guy but I chose to drive a PT. I love my PT now that I have added some mods to it. Is it as much fun as my other car? No, but I still like "pimpin" this car too.
Front lowered 1.5 inches, rear lowered 2.5 inches
Kenwood in dash CD/Sirius/Six Disk Changer
First of a few mods

2004 Mercury Marauder (Supercharged)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigslim2
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/484421
Old 02 Apr 2006, 03:24 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ptsilver

I wonder just a little... What kind of Boss? needs to borrow.... An employee's car???
Is it just me??? When I had people, working for me, I would never have considered, borrowing their car??? After all I was making quite a bit more money than they were making??? Why would I, need to borrow their car??
Also, I would never think of putting down someone's car, after I had to borrow it???
His a good guy. He drive tiny sports car or big ass lexos. He only took my car cause someone borrowed his BIG van and his A6 Wagon. He drives a mid-engine convertible(mid life crisis)as a daily so his spoiled in the handling part. He kept telling me that my car is weak VERY weak....and that when I told him I up graded my sound system he got that disguised look and said " why you keep adding more $ one that car(but inside I know he said that trash) and ask me you're going to sell it rigt?.............anyway that what he thinks. I'm happy with the car so far.......I would be getting anything in a while ...saving up for a house
Old 02 Apr 2006, 03:28 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Striker

It's funny, when I come the first time with the Pt at my job, everybody was thinking it's was a very expensive car, and if you compare the price with the "european boxes" some bmw and audi are very expensive.My boss come on the parking to see my new car and said: "Hey Phil, if you can buy a car like that, thats mean I pay you too much" [:I] (he rides a A8...)
My boss is too good of a car guy he know everything and EVERYthing about cars ask him any price of any car and he can tell u the retail price up to the very dollar and he know all about leasing too........he know I got a good deal when I 1st got it and was happy I got it but he also know that it's hard to sell the PT and the price depreciated like a mother.....can't fool him or anyone in my office....I work in an architectural office but we got more car magazine laying around than construction books....now the guys thinking about getting a Toyota FJ
Old 02 Apr 2006, 03:30 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by stirfry

I did not buy a PT to worry what others think. Your boss hasn't been around much, PT's have more cool features and possible MOD's than most of the cars out thier. Even in the mods you see done the enjoyment comes from the accoomplisment and the individuals own creative nature. And on this forum is sharing the info. As far as being cool he must be voiceing his own opion of himself. Take a good look at you boss is he really all the interesting and cool. I think not. [8D]
I don't know man.......if I'm 54 and I can still ride euro lexo, Jap sports cars and 27 year old chick........I think thats a good life
Old 02 Apr 2006, 06:09 am
Cool Cruiser

The guy (your boss) brorrow's your car then dis you [B)]did you roll over and thank him for that?
Old 02 Apr 2006, 06:14 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ptsilver

Right on, you hit the nail on the head. ptsilver[^]