Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
CALIBER OR PT??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 May 2006, 09:17 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default CALIBER OR PT??

[:I]IS THE NEW PT GOING TO BASED ON THE CALIBER? I drove one today & Im impressed,,, 2.0 AUTO,,, plenty of power & great MPG 26/30 why can it get that & not the PT??? PT auto is only 20/25mpg?? Id consider a trade & they are cheap to beat! Any thoughts gang on somebady who owns one.. [8)]
Old 02 May 2006, 12:08 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I don't own one but a girl I work with has a black one. I like the interior but personally still prefer the style of the PT. Although, a Caliber with the 300 hp engine would be awesome.
Old 02 May 2006, 10:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I don't like the looks of the Caliber.. looks like a Vibe/Matrix.
Did the one you drive have the CVT transmission? That gives better mileage than a "regular" automatic. Also, the caliber engines are brand new, and should've been designed for top efficiency.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 02 May 2006, 07:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

i dont have one but i was at the dealership looking at it nice but i still like the pt look better
Old 05 May 2006, 10:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I went in to have my 06 PT worked on about a week ago. According to the Service Manager at my dealership, the '06 is already based on the Caliber. That is the reason for the interior re-design. They will no longer be using the Neon as the base.[?]
Old 06 May 2006, 12:52 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to thegoldpt Send a message via Yahoo to thegoldpt

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by quicksilverdon

Did the one you drive have the CVT transmission? That gives better mileage than a "regular" automatic.
I drive stick i get better mpg than both! []
Old 06 May 2006, 02:38 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

[8)]I drove the CVT ,,, It drove fine I was impressed! I test drove the Caliber with a CVT & 2.0 Not bad at all!!!![8)]
Old 06 May 2006, 02:52 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

anyone thinking of getting one ??
Old 06 May 2006, 06:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I looked at a couple yesterday and decided they looked like a downsized Magnum. Didn't excite me like my PT.
Old 07 May 2006, 06:00 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TxSaintBear

I went in to have my 06 PT worked on about a week ago. According to the Service Manager at my dealership, the '06 is already based on the Caliber. That is the reason for the interior re-design. They will no longer be using the Neon as the base.[?]
he's a little wrong. under the 06 changes, it is the same car on the same platform. they may share some new interior parts, but it seems almost all DCX cars do at this point. the all new 08 cruiser may be based on the caliber or new sebring platform.
my wife and i looked at a caliber to replace her old neon. we were not really impressed, then when i read all the comparos where the caliber came in all but last (even behind an HHR?), we decided to go with something else (i tried but could not talk her into another cruiser, so we got a mazda5).