Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
RE: Cabin Filters Again

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Aug 2006, 09:08 am
Young Cruiser

Default RE: Cabin Filters Again

Spoke to my Chrysler dealer in Cobleskill NY about the cabin filters for the wifes 03 GT Turbo, he said they are $ 44.00. I laughed out loud. He said his price is $ 36.00. I laughed again. Its funny how you can buy a air filter for $ 6 to 8 dollars, and these guys are trying to shaft you all the way up your KAZOOOOO for this little filter.

He says to look under the dash on the passenger side for a little window that you can open up. He says to look inside then you can see if you have a cabin filter. He says they are not STANDARD Equipment.
I looked in there and did not see a window. Now I am wondering maybe she doesn't have a filter in her machine.

What do you guys THINK ?????????????? [xx(]
Old 17 Aug 2006, 10:33 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Ask the dealer to show you his gun - I mean, if they're going to rob you, they should have a gun, right?
http://www.wyckoffchryslerparts.com/ptcruispasca.html
Note that Wyckoff is a dealer, and is apparently making a profit at $16.00.
The filter is under the cowl by the windshield wipers - you get at it from the outside.
It is not standard equipment on US PTs - It is on some export PTs.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 17 Aug 2006, 09:27 pm
Cool Cruiser

And find a new dealer!!! This guy doesn't know where the filter is, don't let him work on your car!!
SRG
Old 18 Aug 2006, 04:17 am
Senior Cruiser

To the best of my knowledge cabin filters are not only not standard on any Cruiser but not an option either. I got mine at the dealer for $17.24 with tax. PN 82206886. My dealer tells me $16.00 is the list price.
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 18 Aug 2006, 08:10 am
Obsessed Cruiser

44.00 !! holy crap !!
Old 18 Aug 2006, 02:52 pm
Young Cruiser

Stopped by my local Chrysler dealer this morning so he could run the Mrs. VIN. He states we don't have a cabin filter.

My question to the gang is, if you install a cabin filter when you dont have one already from the factory, do you benefit from the install.

Is there a cutout for this thing???

Thanks Kennybopaloo............ [:I]
Old 19 Aug 2006, 10:45 am
Obsessed Cruiser

hey at least he was honest and didnt say to leave the car and tell you he put one in !! when you dont have one
Old 19 Aug 2006, 01:07 pm
Cool Cruiser

I have an 03 GT and i just put a screen mesh over the opening, formed over the edges. I used a foam filter that is around 8" X 5" and 1/4" thick. I used tie wraps to secure over the wire mesh. The foam filter breathes much better than the paper filters. You can also purchase activated charcoal foam filter material. I changed my filter after around 6 months and was amazed how black it was and all the crap it caught! The original color was a light yellow.I did run the paper filter a while, but it was too restrictive.
Old 28 Aug 2006, 10:42 pm
Senior Cruiser

Yes it is designed for cars that dont have a filter from the factory!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kennybopaloo

Stopped by my local Chrysler dealer this morning so he could run the Mrs. VIN. He states we don't have a cabin filter.

My question to the gang is, if you install a cabin filter when you dont have one already from the factory, do you benefit from the install.

Is there a cutout for this thing???

Thanks Kennybopaloo............ [:I]
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 01 Sep 2006, 03:01 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

[:I]How often are you all changing the factory cabin filter on the PT...