PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Pacific Coast Edition...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Sep 2006, 11:54 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to thegoldpt Send a message via Yahoo to thegoldpt
Default Pacific Coast Edition...

This cruiser looks slick.. I want one.. Being the californian i am.

http://www.cruiserforum.de/bb/thread...69be38aa5bde82
Old 14 Sep 2006, 12:28 am
Fanatic Cruiser

It looks even better in person; saw one last week.
Old 14 Sep 2006, 04:35 am
Veteran Cruiser

Overpriced, no foglights, moonroof or turbo option. You're basically paying for a different color scheme and bigger,ugly wheels. Big whoop ti do. This model will go the way of the Route 66 which they couldn't get off of the dealers' lots. Another overpriced gimmick. There isn't even a Dream Cruiser for '07 because in '08 the PT will be redesigned and be on a different platform. Right now DCX is so predictible. [xx(]

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 14 Sep 2006, 05:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

"Right now DCX is so predictible" thats the truth !!
Old 14 Sep 2006, 09:50 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

But its still a purty color [8D]
Old 15 Sep 2006, 03:50 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by redhotpt

But its still a purty color [8D]
Yes, it is a very nice color. [?]

Old 15 Sep 2006, 03:48 pm
Senior Cruiser

Seems obvious they were going for style and descent Highway fuel mileage so the turbo was out. See that huge Financial loss reported yesterday?? They are over building low mileage trucks, minis, SUV's and Cruisers that can't get 30 highway MPG!!! And they can't get rid of a huge inventory of what appears to be unwanted vehicles!! Of course they are not alone and maybe the lowering of gas prices will save them along with the other domestic car makers and the Republicans.
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 18 Sep 2006, 09:11 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SteelBlueGT

Seems obvious they were going for style and descent Highway fuel mileage so the turbo was out.
I'm getting a little bit BETTER mileage on my turbo lite than I got on my '02 - even the EPA #s for the 'Lite are about 1 MPG apart.
DUMB not to offer a turbo.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 18 Sep 2006, 01:55 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by quicksilverdon

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SteelBlueGT

Seems obvious they were going for style and descent Highway fuel mileage so the turbo was out.
I'm getting a little bit BETTER mileage on my turbo lite than I got on my '02 - even the EPA #s for the 'Lite are about 1 MPG apart.
DUMB not to offer a turbo.
I also got much better mpg with my modified GT than I ever got with the '01 or my wife's current '04, both non turbo's. They went the cheap route not offering a turbo.

As for their poor sales with low mpg vehicles. The writing as been on the wall for the past couple of years and none of the car manufacturers have paid attention. Gas prices are only going to go up. I was in Austrailia in April and 95% of all vehicles were small, high mpg ones. Their gas is around $5 a gallon so they have adapted. I saw all kinds of Honda's, Toyota's, Mitsubisi's, Hyndai's, etc that you can't even get here. Even Ford's and Holden's (GM) were small. Rarely did I see a large SUV and pickup trucks were non existent. Ute's (short for utility vehicles) were built by Ford and Holden. They were about the size of an old Ranchero. Car front ends with a pickup box or flatbed, utility box, etc. Days of gas guzzling vehicles are gone and American manufacturers had better wake up. The American public is starting to.

Old 18 Sep 2006, 03:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mean Green American manufacturers had better wake up. The American public is starting to.
Yes, Americans have short memories... there were 2 gas "crises", but they were 30 years ago. I have owned only 4-cyl cars and only have a V-6 in wife's mini-van.

Our political leadership is absent, too. We're sending money for oil to areas that hate us, it's a weak point in our economy, and the environment suffers. All we care about is cheap gas prices, so that's what politicians pander to - that and oil lobbies.

We should have a national direction to develop more efficient vehicles less dependent on fossil fuel. I think we need to look at fuel that could be made from corn stalks, not just the kernels, for example, so we don't have to choose food or fuel, etc., and the government should help set the direction. It hasn't.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles