PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

lights flickering

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Jan 2007, 09:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default lights flickering

does anyone out there have any good idea why the lights on the pt GT flicker really bad? i have replaced the batt. and the ecu but im still having the samething happing still.
Old 04 Jan 2007, 09:00 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Some folks have the problem, others don't. Some have found "hypergrounding" works - you add cables from the negative battery terminal and add more ground points - to the frame, engine block, computer. I went to AdvanceAuto, and they sell battery cables in different lengths. I added one to a bolt on the engine computer case, and another to the frame by the radiator.
'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 04 Jan 2007, 06:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

is the car still under warrenty ??
Old 07 Jan 2007, 01:42 am
Fresh Cruiser

yeah its still under warranty but only for another half a month on it. I had the dealership put a new batt, and a new computer in it to see if it would fix it. And well im still have the same problem, but i will say my lag on the turbo went away. i will have to give the grounding wires a try.
Old 07 Jan 2007, 10:54 am
Obsessed Cruiser

its still covered , i would keep giving it back to them before its not covered !! go in to the dealership and say heres your car call me when its fixed !!
Old 08 Jan 2007, 12:31 am
Fresh Cruiser

been there done that. they told me that there tech line people said that there is nothing that they can do for it, they also told me to just keep driving it and it should come out ok it. as far as I know if its something that is electrical it wont correct its self
Old 08 Jan 2007, 11:14 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I was looking for something else, and came upon this:
http://ptenthusiasts.org/forum/showt...&highlight=VIN
Seem in at least one case it was the multifunction switch!
'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 10 Jan 2007, 10:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

okk sweet so ummm this is going to `sound goofy but what is a multifunction switch? Im sorry this is my first cruiser i have bought i love it. but these are the little things that happens when you buy used. Thanks again for everyone helping me in this road bump.
Old 11 Jan 2007, 07:34 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by cookieman18

okk sweet so ummm this is going to `sound goofy but what is a multifunction switch? Im sorry this is my first cruiser i have bought i love it. but these are the little things that happens when you buy used. Thanks again for everyone helping me in this road bump.
Use the search function and type in "mutifunction switch" - It's the control stalk that turns on your lights, signals, dims instrument panel...
Since your next question will be how to get at it:
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...unction,switch

Here's one place to get it:
http://ptboutique.com/items/pt-cruis...-ab-detail.htm

and another:
http://www.wyckoffchryslerparts.com/ptcruisoemre.html

Old 11 Jan 2007, 03:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

thank you. well i got a hold of the place were i got the car from and they are going to replace the switch for me since it is still under there policy to fix it. i will let you know if that fixes it if not than well now i will be really stumped. thanks again for all the help you and everyone on here for the help.