Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Thoughts: 06 VS 04 PT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Jan 2007, 01:02 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Thoughts: 06 VS 04 PT

Just got my 04 PT (base) back from the body shop after repairs to a slight rear-ending. Had an 06 touring automatic as a rental while it was being fixed.
1. the auto really does drain power. On steep uphills, it is either struggling or screaming.
2. the seats are taller and stiffer. Don't like the new style. The materials seem cheaper, too.
3. The gauges are more legible, but the night lighting isn't as good. Also, the silver on the dash reflects too much light. Mine has tinted windows and the 06 didn't, but it still is annoying.
4. The interior is a bit quieter, but the stereo sounds weaker and tinny. Prefer my stock stereo much more.
Overall, even with taste aside, the modern update isn't a sucess. I'm so happy to have my 'old' PT back!!! [8D]
Old 18 Jan 2007, 02:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

glad you got it back !![^]
Old 18 Jan 2007, 07:52 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to rte662006

The seats on the 06 are a bit harder than the older pts.But now that i have 17,000 miles on my 06 it seems like the seat foam is getting softer,maybe they are breaking in or maybe i am just getting use to them and they dont seem as hard.Who knows[:I]
Old 20 Jan 2007, 01:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I had a '02, and now have a '06, liked it from day one. IMHO
Old 20 Jan 2007, 01:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I had an 02 for 50,000 miles and traded it for the 06 GT. Thats one of the best things I've done. The ride is better the interior looks great and its just an all around better car. IMHO
Old 20 Jan 2007, 02:00 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Harder on the 06....Man the seats must be like bricks...I thing the seats on the 04 are hard and not very comfy...I wish my wifes[?] Civic seats would fit in...
Old 28 Jan 2007, 04:43 am
Senior Cruiser

I think my 06 GT is better on all counts, with the possible exeption of the radio, than my 03 GT. The differences are indeed pretty small and not worth updating for the sake of updating. My opinion woud certainly change if I can get stage 1 though!
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 28 Jan 2007, 11:00 am
Cool Cruiser

I am renting an 07 PT while my 03 GT is in the body shop. The 07 is not as comfortable and seems cheap. The multifunction switch doesn't work as smooth as the GT and when activating the turn signals the brights go on, that didn't happen with the GT.I was suppose to get my GT back the 29th, but it seems the shop ordered some parts for a N/A PT!It's been 50 days since the accident and i miss my car!
Old 28 Jan 2007, 03:43 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to thegoldpt Send a message via Yahoo to thegoldpt

I concur on the auto draining power it's a POS!

I have had other auto cars that worked fine.. but the PT's just stinks.
Old 29 Jan 2007, 07:04 pm
Cool Cruiser

hmmm, don't care for the newer '06 styling. i think the whole '36 ford retro-look gets lost in the updated front-end design. the new lower grill treatment looks horrible. having the front grille continue its way under the bumper (like on my '03) looks way better. however, i will give them a thumbs up for the new dash treatment. the '06 and '07 convertible top treatment (when up) looks to have really goofy fit especially at the rear window/rear sail panels,
gt model, modified airbox with cold air induction, magnecor plug wires, tyc b/up lenses, chrome grille kit, retro 3d taillights painted steel blue, buick-style portholes, nomad chevy trunk trim, blue interior light strips, and massive turned down diesel-type exhaust tip.