Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
pt cruiser depreciation values - ouch!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jan 2007, 07:16 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default pt cruiser depreciation values - ouch!

has anyone noticed how fast pt cruisers have been going down in resale value? All cars depreciate, but it seems pt cruisers are really getting SLAMMED for some reason. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Old 24 Jan 2007, 08:15 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Yup there are just tooo many out there on the road...and Chrylser Products never really Appreciate very well....
Old 25 Jan 2007, 09:55 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Actually, I have not seen them depreciate any more or less than any other vehicle.

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 25 Jan 2007, 12:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

chryslers always seem to do this, i had a 87 daytona tried to trade it in a little over a year later 3 dealerships told me it was worth half the money i paid !!
Old 25 Jan 2007, 07:51 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Guess you have not checked out some Hondas or Toyotas...They seem to hold there value much better...
Old 26 Jan 2007, 10:17 am
Regular Cruiser

They are cool looking cars but built very cheap
Old 26 Jan 2007, 12:05 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rszappa1

Guess you have not checked out some Hondas or Toyotas...They seem to hold there value much better...
If Chrysler products earn a reputation for delivering 10+ years and 150,000 miles of inexpensive reliability, they might start retaining value like Honda and Toyota.

This is an achievable goal, but only if they stop letting the bean-counters set "CHEAP" as the primary objective when selecting components.
Join the SEMA Action Network
http://www.semasan.com
Old 26 Jan 2007, 12:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

very well said fritz !!
Old 26 Jan 2007, 06:04 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

You got that right...that is why i own two hondas along with my pt....[8)]
Old 29 Jan 2007, 02:28 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Drink_the_Kool_Aid
Toyota and Honda, despite their stellar reputation, have problems, too. Toyota, in particular, has seemed to be going downhill lately, though it isn't much reported.
Media spin aside (and ever since Mr. Moore made Detroit-Bashing a national pasttime, the media loves poking at Detroit.):

Honda and Toyota have spent DECADES earning a reputation for quality and reliability.

Because they have earned a reputation for quality, and taking care of customers, and they don't wait to be sued before issuing recalls, they can handle recalls with letters like: "dear customer because we love you we want to fix a mistake we made when we built your car",
instead of

"The Government is holding a gun to our head and making us go thru the motions of pretending we want to fix an alleged problem with your car which really isn't our fault. Call your local dealer and they will pretend they never heard of this problem, and when bring your in this letter they will keep your car all day, charge you 300$ for an oil change and fuel injector cleaning (dumping a bottle of Techron in your gas tank), then tell you the recall part is on back-order and to come back in a month. Or never. And until the repair is made avoid making left turns."
================================================== ==========
Like it our not, it will take DC a long time to live down the reputation of the K-Car, and regain reputation as an engineering company.

They do seem to be further along that trail then Ford or GM; 5 year-old PT's for example, are still reliable and inexpensive to operated.
================================================== ==========

Also: New car prices drive used car prices:
Rebates, discounted financing drive down the price of New;
Compare the 60-month financing or 'sucker-born-every-minute' lease terms with used car prices... and the used car price gets lower.

And bunches of off-lease 2-3 year old PTs join the 1-2 year old rental fleet PTs in flooding the used market, depressing the prices further.

Sigh.

Join the SEMA Action Network
http://www.semasan.com