Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
picked up my GT today!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Feb 2007, 03:18 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default picked up my GT today!!!

ok, so the planets lined up and I drove my '03 GT home today. Its silver, 28k miles, 5 speed and in really good shape... not even a door ding (though the paint is spider webbing a little bit on the rear bumper where someone backed into it, but its really hard to see). I ended up paying $9,500 for it, which, after being in the market for a little while, seems like an amazing deal. The only problem with it is a ghetto exhaust system. Get this; you're gonna laugh. The last owner of this thing cut out the cat, and clamped in a CHEERY BOMB GLASSPACK in its place. W-T-F??? Note that the stock muffler is still on the car. So basically, the car has TWO mufflers. And besides... PT cruisers don't have flathead fords... who puts a glasspack on a 4-banger???? At least I know it was probably an old guy who had this since younger kids hate glasspacks, and would have probably put a coffee can on. I was able to talk them down $500 because of this ghettoness. The only mods to the car appear to be a blowoff valve and a boost guage (mounted annoyingly in front of the tach... gonna have to move that). Its one of those autometer cobalt guages, so its acutally pretty nice. The carfax on the car was as clean as it gets. The last owner got the oil changed roughly every 2,500 mi at the dealer, and it noted on the carfax everything that was done each visit. I haven't seen many carfaxes as therough as this one. I'm glad I checked the carfaxes because I almost bought an '04 with more miles for more money, until I found out it was in an accident... then I found this one.

And this thing is a ton of fun to drive. I can't wait til it gets a little warmer out so its not as slick. The power is addictive. And I'm surprised the shifter is so decent for being 3 feet long.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 03:22 am
Fresh Cruiser

http://www.grossinger.com/used_vehic...0872ce4ad38e11

thats my car... don't know how much longer the link will work
Old 15 Feb 2007, 04:18 am
Veteran Cruiser

Very nice car at a good price. [|)]

Took off the cat and replaced it with a glasspack.....sheese [xx(]

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 15 Feb 2007, 09:11 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Nice find, and a great color.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 10:23 am
Administrator

i think the price is good with good condition.

Old 15 Feb 2007, 12:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

congrats !! enjoy !! nice car !! good price !!
Old 20 Feb 2007, 10:22 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Dunno who the prior owner was, but the dealer should know that's a big no-no to take the converter out. I hope your state doesn't do inspections.
Maybe a trip to a junkyard to get a cat cheaply - just make sure it's a turbo cat.
You won't regret getting the 5-speed...

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 23 Feb 2007, 05:03 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by quicksilverdon

Dunno who the prior owner was, but the dealer should know that's a big no-no to take the converter out. I hope your state doesn't do inspections.
Maybe a trip to a junkyard to get a cat cheaply - just make sure it's a turbo cat.
You won't regret getting the 5-speed...
yeah, IL has emissions... but its REAL easy to cheat. On 1996+ cars they only run an ODBII scan to look for emission trouble codes. THey don't run it on the dyno. The last owner must have installed O2 sims to fool the computer, cause the check engine light isnt on. As long as your CE light is off, you'll pass. I have an offroad H on my mustang with no cats, and I brought it in there reeking of uncatalysed exhaust, and they still passed it because I had the O2 sims fooling the computer. I don't think the people that work at the testing places get paid enough to care.