Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
03 PT trouble

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Feb 2007, 07:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 03 PT trouble

ok, first time here, but. I have a 03 electric blue PT. It is a standard only extra was the window tint and the AM/FM CD raido. Just after it turned over 36015 miles the demons took over. Dome light came on, gauges went to zero, indicator lights came on & the noise indicator sounded. Of course the first time the dealer could not find anything. Few days later, it happens again and the dealer got it back and they found part of cluster bad, after 2 weeks of-ordering part-and them repairing it(they did do this under warranty for me even though just over mileage limit) It was fixed......or so I thought. 1 year and 1 month later it's doing it again. "Sorry, no warranty you'll have to pay" Can't say I'm very happy. Last year I put around $600.00 into it just in repairs. Plat. plugs and wires, plinum gaskets, 2 different sensors. I was hoping for better stability in a vehicle. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21 Feb 2007, 08:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Gina,

WELCOME to the forum. Too bad it's not under better circumstances. The dealer did fix the problem and it lasted a year, so you know what the problem is this time. Why that part of the cluster is going bad on you is another matter. I've never heard of that particular set of happenings from a cruiser and I'm on all kinds of PT related sites. If I were you I'd get ahold of the district manager with all the paperwork from the first time and yell/scream/cry that it's the same problem you already had before. That maybe the dealer only gave you a temporary fix. Can't hurt to raise a stink and maybe get a sympathetic ear from the manager.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 22 Feb 2007, 08:20 am
Fanatic Cruiser

CALL CHRYSLER DIRECT!! CUSTOMER SERVICE<, they are actually pretty good a reasonable.They will listen & work with you. [8)]Even well past warranty with a good case,[)]
Old 22 Feb 2007, 10:23 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome, Gina.
Agree with the others.
I'm on every PT Forum I know of (with Crewzin) and haven't heard of your particular problem. Are all the symptoms the same as a year ago?

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 22 Feb 2007, 02:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

welcome !! like mentioned above call chrysler direct keep us posted