PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Overhead console cutout template needed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Mar 2007, 06:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Overhead console cutout template needed.

I have a 2001 Base and recently acquired a salvaged Overhead console and I have the necessary wiring and temperature sensor. It all works and I am ready to install it, but I need to make a cutout in my headliner. This is where I am hoping someone with an Overhead console will pop thiers out and trace the outline on a sheet of paper, perhaps referencing the screws on sunvisors. In exhange I would be happy to post an article on installing the console from scratch.
thanks in advance. /Hal
Old 30 Mar 2007, 06:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hey, 38 people have read my post, surely someone will take on this task. I am willing to bribe. I have the PT service manual on cd that I would share as a token of my gratitude !!
Old 30 Mar 2007, 07:32 pm
Cool Cruiser

I would do it for you if I still had my 2001. Unfortunately I traded my car last Saturday on the 2006 Convertible. Hopefully someone will be able to help you out! I wish I could...

Good luck!
Matt

Past Mopars:
2006 PT Cruiser Convertible GT
2006 PT Cruiser Convertible
2001 PT Cruiser Limited Edition
1993 Plymouth Sundance/Duster 3.0 litre
Old 02 Apr 2007, 01:12 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to gonzomania

I wish I had some time to help you out but I've been working weird hrs. Sorry . Keep me posted , I'm pretty tied up this month, outage season. If I get the chance I'll try.
Old 18 Apr 2007, 06:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Overhead console cutout template needed.

it's really not that hard. i bought one for my 04 model. pulled down the head linner just enough to find mounting braket thats already there and started with a small hole and worked up till it fit. jump in and try, you'll see how easy it is. djake65
Old 20 May 2008, 03:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to SteveB_PTCruzin Send a message via Yahoo to SteveB_PTCruzin

I just bought an over head console for my '03 and need to wire it and cut out the hole as well ... I saw in the previous post that an '04 had the mounting brackets there ... what about the wiring?? temperature sensor?? anyone know where a good place to get the temp sensor is??
Old 15 Sep 2008, 09:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hi, all. First post here. Am looking to install an overhead console in a 2001 and have some of the same questions.

An earlier poster mentioned that the mounting bracket is already in place under the headliner. Is the wiring harness also in place ready to plug in, or do I need to run my own wiring? I have the factory wiring diagram, so making all the connections shouldn't be too hard, but having a harness already in place would really make it a simple job.

Does anyone have a Mopar p/n for the ambient temperature sensor, or details about its mounting? The service manual gives instructions for remove/replace, but no drawing showing exactly where it is installed, other than mentioning that it is "behind the grille, in front of the A/C condenser". It looks like I will need to scour junkyards to get one, or shell out the $ at the dealer.
Old 16 Sep 2008, 10:53 am
Obsessed Cruiser

The mounting is on the front cross bar. On my 2001 I only have one sensor but this picture is from the downloaded manual for the 01-04 so I guess Chrysler has more than one sensor there now.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 16 Sep 2008, 05:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the pic. That makes sense now. My PT has a single sensor installed there already, which is apparently part of the engine control system. The console sensor appears to be completely separate, and gets wired directly back to the console connector.

It looks as if the engine sensor and the console sensor are the same type? I found an online source selling an aftermarket replacement sensor here:

RockAuto Parts Catalog

This *LOOKS* like the items in the drawing, and like the one already under my hood.

I still would like to find details for the headliner opening before I start cutting blindly.
Old 16 Sep 2008, 05:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Well, I do have the overhead console on my 2001 Limited so I think Chrysler was using the single sensor for both the overhead and engine control system with only one single set of wires going down to the harness. I guess it split up somewhere down the line for serving the dual purpose. Why they went to 2 sensors is only a question the engineers can answer.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.