Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Weather Stripping

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Apr 2002, 08:32 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Weather Stripping

My wife showed me a piece of rubber/plastic weather stripping that was dangling from the hinged side of the left, inside rear door. The piece is about two feet long. It was barely being held at the top by a small amount of glue with one being able to see where glued area came undone. Is this covered by warranty? ( I don't like getting super glue on my fingers)... After 21 months and sixteen K we've had power steering pump replaced, and radiator and front bumper replaced ( car hit a doe deer). Not bad... Also, we've only had oil changes every three thousnd miles, and not the other recommended service which appears to cost $$$. Plans are to wait to 36,000 miles prior to putting $400-600 down for other maintenance. Is this sensible?

Old 20 Apr 2002, 09:46 am
Obsessed Cruiser

PT7,
I'll give my 2 cents worth. Yes, the weather strip will be under warranty if your still covered by the basic coverage. It's just a pain to have to leave it at the dealer for a 5 minute process...but that's up to you. You say you have changed oil every 3000 and didn't bother with the other stuff. Do you do it yourself? If not, hopefully the place that does it for you has been checking other things. Yes you can go the whole 36,000 without checking/doing the other things but if something goes wrong, the dealer might have a problem covering it. If you go thru the owners manual, the "other" things they want you to do doesn't take very long or take a lot of effort like lubercating door hinges, checking axel boots for cracks and checking all the other fluids. How about rotating your tires? If you have that done by someone else, have them look at your axels, brake pads, exhaust. Look thru the paper, there are a lot of places that will do a free safety check of the whole car (or maybe just a couple of $$)...nothing says that whatever they find has to be done there, but if it's wear and tear items, that won't be covered under warranty so shop around for a good price and a reputable shop.

Closed Thread