PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
IRL Challenge for Cruisers

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Feb 2003, 11:11 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default IRL Challenge for Cruisers

I don't know how many race fans we have here, but I'm guessing there might be a few.

ESPN host several fantasy sports games. One of them that I play is the IRL Challenge. It's free. The Nascar game costs $30 so I don't do that one. You register your team, join a group, and select 5 IRL drivers per race. The drivers are assigned a point value based on their previous performances and their popularity I think. The total point value for your 5 drivers needs to be 100 or less, so you just can't set your team on Castroneves, De Ferran, Hornish, and Andretti, and Unser Jr. and forget it. You'll be about 50 points over the limit with that lineup. The prizes are a digital camera for 1st and an MP3 player for second but since there will probably be over 10,000 players, it's mainly for the fun of it.

If anyone is interested, I set up a group called PT Cruisers that you can join (do a search for it if you don't see it listed - there are lots of groups). My team name is bemo speedy. The first race is March 1 at Homestead Speedway (Miami). Come join me and spread the word. Here's the link:

http://games.espn.go.com/irl/frontpage

Edited by - bemo on 02/22/2003 09:14:58
Old 22 Feb 2003, 07:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Welcome to G. Conklin. The first PT Cruiser Owner to accept the IRL challenge!!

bemo speedy

Old 27 Feb 2003, 09:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Bump.

Last chance for any race fans to join the IRL challenge. First race is Sunday at Homestead, FL. Lineup cutoff is Saturday(?) after qualifications I think.

I hope no one thinks this is spam. It's just a free game for open wheel race fans. I follow Indy racing pretty closely so its a must for me. Someone from the Ultimate PT Cruiser board signed up, but that was it so far. If no interest ok. b

Closed Thread