PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
I want a Turbo, Limited, with Woodie Trim

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Apr 2003, 11:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default I want a Turbo, Limited, with Woodie Trim

Has anyone found a way around Chrysler's policy of not putting the Turbo Engine in the Limited PT Model? My wife wants the Woodie Trim, the Dash that matches the exterior color, and the Turbo Engine with an Automatic Transmission.

Old 14 Apr 2003, 01:13 am
Veteran Cruiser

Your best bet would to get your woodie LE and add a Hahn turbo. Check out Bob Stockum's web site. He's the man when it comes to aftermarket turbos on PT's. http://www.bstockum.com/

'03 Onyx Green GT 5-Speed

'01 Bright Silver Metallic Automatic
Old 14 Apr 2003, 02:21 am
Fanatic Cruiser

You should also consider ordering a Turbo and having the dealer install the woody kit afterwards, if you want the DC woody. The dash pieces may be ordered over the counter or just have yours painted using body colored paint. This will give you a better engine with the warranty intact. Beware however, if you start building the car as you want it, the modifing bug bites hard!

Old 14 Apr 2003, 03:49 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

What color do you want your Ltd/Turbo/Woodie? Even non-turbo PTs may come without body-colored pods. Black, white, silver, almond, and taupe PTs come with pods in "Light Pewter Metalic". (This is based on '02 information.)
Old 17 Apr 2003, 01:24 am
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to GTcamster

I agree with 2sb, get the dealer to install it or do it yourself after you get the car.

Deep Cranberry Pearl Coat GT ~ 5 speed
Old 19 Apr 2003, 01:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

We appreciate everyone's feedback and suggestions. It looks like the direction we're headed in is to buy the GT - actually a Dream Cruiser, Series II, and have aftermarket wood trim installed. Our local dealer is firm about not wanting to either sell us anything he doesn't already have on the lot - which does not include the base model we've asked for - and he refuses to install the trim after delivery. So we've gone out of town to a nearby dealer that is easier to work with.

Next item on the search is a shifter knob with the Chrysler Logo on it. Anyone know where we can get one? Assume automatic transmission.

Thanks again. I suspect owning the car is going to be only half the fun. The other half is going to be taking part in this discussion group.

All the best, Gang!

Old 20 Apr 2003, 02:07 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Try to see a Dream II in person before you buy. The interior is not for the meek.

On the logo shifter, are you wanting a Cobra head or a Ball&Button?
Old 22 Apr 2003, 07:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

We're looking for a Ball and Button Shifter knob, prefereably. Your assessment of the interior of the Dream II was much appreciated. And this for the woman who wishes to remain more or less anonymous while driving around town. So, what' wrong with this picture? I think we're seeing a new social dynamic, where-in a car design has stimulated a personality change.

Old 23 Apr 2003, 02:40 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I'm trying to visualize how a logo shifter would be made. A "wings" version might be made by attaching very small wings across the back of a cobra head style or building a T-handle along the lines of the console shifter in a '70 Cuda. An "antique medallion" version may attach a very small round medallion (think Chrysler wheel center), to the top of the B&B button.
Closed Thread