PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Clunking sound from rear left side

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Apr 2003, 08:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Clunking sound from rear left side

I am a new member my pt 01 since i have lowered a clunking sound has developed on left side have had springs checked but noise still there can anyone help it is driving me crazy i love my pt but i am slowly losing it thank you
Old 26 Apr 2003, 10:13 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ptcruzin42

When I lowered my car I heard clunking sounds in the rear right side of my car. I had Goldline springs. I called the company and they sent me a new set with some silence tubing on it, it got rid of most of the noise but it is still there and drives me up the wall whenever I cruise without music. I'm not sure what it is or what it comes from. My dealer told me that it is from the springs rubbing together, I'm not sure if I buy that one or not....but who knows. Let me know what you find out.
Old 26 Apr 2003, 11:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

thanks i have checked the springs i am thinking that it could be the shockers bottoming out
Old 27 Apr 2003, 06:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

This might help someone. When I put springs on my car 2 weeks ago I got that. I re-installed the springs and still got it. Finally I found that the fuel fill pipe was kind of loose down there. I guess with the stock springs it didn't jar it enough to make it hit but the stiffer springs did. It is just plastic so I put a zip tie around it and the plastic liner it runs next to and held it in place...no more knock!

Hope this helps.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Closed Thread