PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Great fun/ huge show

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Jun 2003, 11:11 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Great fun/ huge show

I thought I would post how my weekend was in Champaign over the weekend. If anyone here has never attended a PT Car show all I can say is GO TO ONE SOON! This show had almost 200 Cruisers, 190 of them were custom and maybe 10 were stock. Yes its true! I never saw so many mods on cars in my lfe. You can see by my signature what I have done to my car, and I was not even in the running at this kind of show. 10 trophies were awarded to stock cruisers (which included about all of them) and 10 went to custom. All 10 of the winners had really expensive paint jobs ,not decals either. When I got back I recieved a call from a friend of mine with a Cruiser that went to a show near where we live, he only added a spoiler, and dealer flames and he won first place? can you believe it,. It was well worth going because thats where you get ideas. Those going to the falls, you are in for a treat, I wish I could join you. Gary[^]
Old 09 Jun 2003, 09:32 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Gary,

I totally agree. Sometimes I think they ought to have a category for those who spend over half the price of the PT itself in Mods and then there's the rest of us, plus the stock ones

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 09 Jun 2003, 09:42 am
Cool Cruiser

I went to first show last weekend. Due to the weather there were only 10 cars or so, but mine was the only one that was completely stock. Guess I have to get myself to Mod-Mart!
Old 09 Jun 2003, 01:49 pm
Cool Cruiser

Yup. I'm psyched for Cruise the Falls on June 20 - 22. Bought a 512mb card for my Canon S45 so 'click' 'click' 'click'.

Will Niagara Falls beat the Modesto gathering http://www.modbee.com/local/story/68...-7821578c.html ? Sure hope so. I'm really looking forward to taking in all the mods. Especially going hunting for those down-to-earth "sleeper" mods that don't cost much but get the people a noddin' [?]

If you're going to Toronto, drop a line here: http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...?TOPIC_ID=2441

Would be interested in seeing Champaign pics, of course!
Old 09 Jun 2003, 11:45 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Crewzin, is that your car posted on this thread? Steve, well, I have the pics downloaded on my computer, but from what I understand I must have a photo album to post them. can't handle too much of this technical stuff at one time. I forgot to post the fact that many people had a "theme" at the show. One person who was a Huge Illinois fan, had their rear seat out, and displayed all sorts of Illinois football collectables going back 25 years. another person / cherry blossom theme and displayed cherry nic naks, plus had crystal cherry wine glasses and vintage french wine on their Cruiser table. it was NUTZ! I loved it, obcessed to the max!
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Old 10 Jun 2003, 09:47 am
Cool Cruiser

I agree with Crewzin, there should be more catagories, like the ones he said plus, "the daily drivers" where the the unavoidable road nicks can be agnored, "Wild mods" to "mild mods"