PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Wheel wells>

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jun 2003, 10:10 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Wheel wells>

One thing I did before I went to the show that really impressed even the "hard core" addicts was my wheel wells. You might think, what's up with that? take a look inside your wheel wells sometime. Do you see the cheap plastic lining that collects dirt all the time. Even after you wash it, and spray your protectant inside? drive around the block and it looks like crap. Everyone can see inside them, I decided to paint them with heavy duty rubberized paint. IT LOOKS AWESOME! even after the 200 mile trip it still looked brand new shiny, and jet back. That was the best thing I did lately. another detail secret, what can I say, I love keeping my car sharp. The guy who won first place was going to paint them as soon as he got home. I also brought with me 100 micro fiber towels and sold almost all of them. I can't believe people are not using them. I was glad I was able to introduce them to my fellow Cruiser die hards. One guy was using an old t shirt to detail his car (stock one, it figures) I gave him a free one just becuase I coulnd't watch what he was doing to his finish. [:0]www.perfectautofinish.com
Old 10 Jun 2003, 01:46 pm
Cool Cruiser

I have considered doing a Rhinoliner bedliner spray, but the cost was not doable. I think the "home version" is Duplicoat (?). What brand did you use, Gary? Did you pull the wells out?
Old 11 Jun 2003, 06:27 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Steve, Yep, pulled the wheels and masked the fenders/ Bought it at my Paint supply shop. It was 12 bucks, and 3 hours of my time, thats it.
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Closed Thread