PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Power Outlet

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Jun 2003, 02:18 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Power Outlet

Hello all. I cant help but notice how many companies are using PTs and their attention-getting auras to facilitate their businesses. Morreti's Pizza here in Chicago uses a flamed white PT for deliveries, Magic 104.3 has one, and I just passed the new Shure microphone HQ, and guess what's in their parking lot, complete with Shure microphone regalia, plastered all over those curvacious lines? Anyway, I was thinking of doing the same. During the summer, I do face painting and airbrush temporary tatoos for parties and picnics and it would be cool to do this work out of some kind of mobile unit. I need some sort of power source to run an automatic compressor for the airbrush. Anyone know how much power I can draw from the middle console's power outlet without blowing a fuse? The compressor is 1/2 horsepower, 114v, 60Hz AC. It's 400watts, and (I THINK)4.8 Amps...not too sure about the ampage. By an automatic compressor I mean that it has a reservior tank, so it's not on constantly. I intend to have the ignition on the "accessory" detent. The PT's black with purple flames, a human skull with black roses on the dash, and G'n'R constantly blasting thru the stereo, so it makes for a good atmosphere for the tatoo part... but for face painting may frighten some of the children's parents...[)]
Old 11 Jun 2003, 09:40 am
Fanatic Cruiser

The outlet that is at the lower console it the one that has the Cigar Lighter Icon on the cover. It should be good for 10 amps. To be sure, pull off the cover over the fuse panel (left of and below steering wheel). You can read the legencd on the back of the cover to see the fuse sizes for each circuit. The manual should also have this info.

I think the cigar lighter socket should have more metal mass in the contacts to carry the current while the lighter element is generating heat.

Closed Thread