Advertisements
what do u use

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Jun 2003, 04:30 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default what do u use

I really need to know
what do u use to take care of your leather/ swead seats ??

and also if you would like to tell me
what gas satation do you go to /what type of gas do u
use in your pt ? ( hand book say go to a gas station that has know mme in the gas !?!?!? WHAT[:I]IS THAT [:I]

What car wax do u use to keep the paint look new &
what are some of the things u use or do to keep it looking new ?

What oil should I use ?

Old 21 Jun 2003, 09:47 am
Cool Cruiser

I use Meguiar's wipes for my leather seats. There is no suede in the PT so you don't have to worry about that. There are many different types of leather cleaners, the important thing is to test somewhere out of the way so if it does adversely affect the leather you don't ruin your seats.

You don't want to run any gas with alcohol content. This type of gas is more common in the midwest but definitely something to look out for.

The going consensus is to use synthetic (i.e. Mobil 1, etc.) if you have a turbo engine. I am still running dino oil, but plan to change to synth at 6,000 miles.
Old 21 Jun 2003, 10:53 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DTs_PTGT

You don't want to run any gas with alcohol content. This type of gas is more common in the midwest but definitely something to look out for.
Yipes! We pretty much "HAD" to use gas with ethanol in it while in Iowa on our trip....two tankfulls, no more. I hope that didn't do any harm. Since the fellow we bought Prudence from had started her on Shell, we were trying to stick with Shell for the whole trip, but Shell stations dissapeared once we got past Oklahoma City....none in Kansas, MO, or Iowa that we could find. And we couldn't find ANY gas in Iowa that didn't have ethanol. What is it that the ethanol gas can harm?

beebs
Old 21 Jun 2003, 10:58 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by links
What oil should I use ?
Since I was the first one to change the factory oil, I decided to go with Castrol 10W30. I've used Castrol in just about every vehicle I've had in the last 15 years, and it's worked great.

beebs
Old 21 Jun 2003, 12:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

mine has suede around the top of the seat and at the
bottom where your knees would be
Old 21 Jun 2003, 01:05 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

I use only Chevron Supreme gasoline (92 octane with Techron) in my GT and have had excellent results.

At my first oil change I began using Chevron Supreme 5W-30 motor oil but am considering switching to synthetic oil (Mobil 1) at 6000 miles. Many people on this forum use and recommend a synthetic oil for use in a turbo engine.

I use Meguiar's Cleaner-Wax for all-around care of my car's exterior finish.

Good luck.

Old 22 Jun 2003, 10:58 am
Cool Cruiser

1. Meguiar's products - Inside and out. [?]
2. Mobile 1 (Synthetic) 5w-30 [|)]
3. Exxon 93 octane []

\'03 GT Inferno Red AutoStick - Stage 1 - Air Box Mods & K&N Filter - AMX Intake Down Pipe - Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust - Magnacor 8.5mm Ignition Wires - Pin Stripping - Chrome Side Spears - Chrome Tail Light Covers - Chrome Fuel Door - E&G Custom Grill - Painted Rear Mud Guards - 3-D Liquid Flames - Chrome/Red Neon Washer Nozzles - Interior Neon
Old 23 Jun 2003, 11:01 am
Cool Cruiser

Nothing but Meguiar's on everything!
Just had first oil change went with Mobile 1 (Turbo)
Citgo 92 or Shell 92
Old 25 Jun 2003, 06:11 am
Cool Cruiser

That's not real suede on the seats. Just vacuum and brush them. On my leather - I use Meguiars leather cleaner (I also use that to clean the vinyl and plastic) and I just bought some Lexol leather conditioner. I use Meguiars paste wax (not cleaner/wax), I think it's "Classic Gold". Before waxing I use Meguiars polish (their "step 2"). After waxing I use Mequiars detail spray. I get a really nice shine. I have been waxing every 3 months but I'm switching to every 6 weeks (call me obsessive). As for gasoline - I use Hess or Amoco regular. Since the car is new, I'm having the dealer do the oil changes. Don't want any problems down the road if I ever need warantee work done. 2003 Patriot Blue Ltd Ed, 11,000 miles. To see my shine go to www.imagestation.com. Do a "member" search for PTRON, that'll bring you to the album.
Old 26 Jun 2003, 12:07 am
Young Cruiser

Ditto on the Meguiar's. But be careful of the leather wipes you pick, don't use any with alcohol in it. It will dry out the leather and promote premature cracking.