how many

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jun 2003, 03:30 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default how many

how many miles did your car have when you bought
it ?

how do u know the engine was broken in correctly?

and how important is it to brake the engine in correctly what happen if it is not ???????

[8)][:0][:I]
[V]
Old 23 Jun 2003, 09:49 am
Cool Cruiser

My car had 27 miles on it when I picked it up.

I didn't drive it over 55MPH for the first 500 miles. The manual said I only needed to do this for the first 300, but I wanted to be extra careful as this is my first new car ever and I want it to last as long as possible.

If you don't break your motor in properly, you risk anything from reduced engine life to seizing your motor. A friend of a friend went crazy with their new car and ended up seizing the motor. It's better just to follow the break-in directions, as you will have 100,000 miles to drive any way you want afterwards.

As far as how do you know the engine was broken in correctly? Your guess is as good as mine.
Old 23 Jun 2003, 10:51 am
Dedicated Cruiser

My car had 8 miles on it at the time of delivery. I don't believe there is anything special done at the factory or dealership to "properly break-in" the engine. The break-in is really the responsibility of the new owner. It is important to follow the break-in instructions in the car owner's manual IMO. Also, I recommend you keep the engine RPMs to no more than 4000 the first 1000 miles (I did this for the first 1500 miles). My car now has nearly 4200 miles on it and the engine is performing flawlessly.
Old 23 Jun 2003, 03:14 pm
Fresh Cruiser

mine has 63 mile on it and was past the 1st part of the
brake in prosses so I started woundering when I read the owener manual ?????????
Old 23 Jun 2003, 07:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

mine had 3 miles
Old 23 Jun 2003, 09:28 pm
Young Cruiser

...mine had 1.7 miles and I drove it that much with the service manager riding just for the record of it being properly serviced. I also made them leave all the plastic on the interior and exterior and I cleaned it up. The brakes are also a very important part to "break-in" properly...
Old 23 Jun 2003, 11:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Bosch

8 Miles. I changed up the speed quite a bit for the first 500 miles. Changed the oil at a 1000 miles. Then again at 3000. I gradually stopped being gentle to the motor.. And drove it like I want to drive it.. I did not have any mechanical problems, I guess it worked..[:I]
Driving a 2001 27F Patriot Blue! Blue Flamed Floor Mats. Blue Flamed Seat Covers. Flameball blue \"Hair\" shiftknob. Blue behind the grll neons. FlowMaster Exhaust. Freedom Design Strut Tower Brace. Painted Smoothies. Road Runner horn! Meep Meep!
Old 24 Jun 2003, 03:07 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I changed my oil at 3k,6k.and 10k. I didn't worry about speed but I avoided any "aggressive" acceleration. Some signs of a bad engine are oil consumption and metal flakes in the oil.