PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Help> Crewzin???? or?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jun 2003, 10:49 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Help> Crewzin???? or?

Hey guys, any feedback on the falls trip???? Listen I need help> I should have my Xenon spoiler and PTeaser roll pan in next week. I asked my body shop about painting the tail lights red. These guys are great but they never did that before.He is asking me what kind of paint? is it painted inside or outside the lens? I think someone said it was sanded? Can anyone get me pics, and the link on what paint /process is used so I can tell my shop about it. Thanks, looking forward to hear about the falls.
Old 23 Jun 2003, 12:48 pm
Cool Cruiser

Mine were painted by a friend and he used stained glass paint and then shot with clear. This is done on the outside of the lens. Mine were done almost 2 years ago and still look great
Old 23 Jun 2003, 12:54 pm
Young Cruiser

Turbo,

I painted my own tail lights red and they came out very nice. I used a red "stained glass" paint that you should be able to find at your local hobby shop and then I used clearcoat for the final coat. I gave the lenses two light coats of the red stained glass paint and one coat of the clearcoat. The clearcoat you should be able to get at any auto parts store. For the prep work I used a very light wet/dry sandpaper in the wet mode and the lenses get painted on the outside. I also painted my back-up lights red. Feel free to give me an e-mail if you have questions or would like a picture of the lights,

geraldmullin@attbi.com
Old 23 Jun 2003, 06:07 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Hi guys, I sent you both an e mail, but I wanted to know if my shop can use the same paint (inferno red) on the lens as on my finish/ they have the clear, thats not a problem. let me know if that stained glass stuff is different than factory paint/ also, do you have pics I can show my shop man/??? Thanks
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Old 24 Jun 2003, 02:56 am
Fanatic Cruiser

The stained glass paint is a "candy color" so it's translucent. You know it works so why risk it with something else? I used some Testor's Candy Apple Red on an amber reflector to talk my wife out of it. It reduces the brightness of the len's reflector and here that causes a flunking of the state inspection.
Old 24 Jun 2003, 04:26 pm
Cool Cruiser

2sb

Mine are fine as far as being too dark. My guy used Krylon Red stained glass paint. I passed NJ inspection and they are one of the toughest in the USA. It must be the Testors color is darker
Closed Thread