PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Flames

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jun 2003, 01:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Flames

Well, the new turbo is finely in. I will be picking it up in a few hours. Since this car is my wife’s, I was hoping to talk her into some sweet flames. Does anyone out there have pic’s of you PT with some flame graphics? Can anyone recommend a company that sells graphics? [8)]
Old 24 Jun 2003, 02:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hey Indy, You didn't indicate the color your new turbo but take a look at www.streamlinedesign.com . As an alternative, you may want to try magnetic flames so you can put them on when the wife lets you drive. I bought mine at www.superflames.com . Don was very accommodating when I asked him what would look good on the Dream Cruiser 2. Since he hadn't seen flames on the tangerine paint, he sent me a set of each. I decided to keep the orange flames and send the rest back at this time. I sent him photos and he has them on the webpage. Good Luck! [^]
Old 24 Jun 2003, 03:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

You are correct. I forgot the color. Black. I will check out the web sites. I have a set of magnetic ones already. A friend gave them to me for my vette. Go figure.
Old 24 Jun 2003, 04:10 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

You might also want to check out this company:

EDECALS.COM: http://www.edecals.com

Old 26 Jun 2003, 12:40 am
Young Cruiser

I wanted a graphic that was quality and unique. I went to a local commercial graphics shop and using a PT cruser "template" on a PC I selected a flame pattern that I liked, sized it and placed it on the template in the exact size and location on the car that I wanted, and then modified it to my spec. I wanted a "ghost" flame effect, so I chose a tone-on-tone silver flame for my silver PT. I changed the shade a couple of tones darker than the car. We saved it and plotted it out on a large flat bed plotter on a commercial grade automotive filiment. One day to dry and set, then air brushed the ghost fade out, set a day and then UV coated it. and installed it on day four. I installed it July 2001 on my 2002 PT Limited. Almost 2 years latter there is no fading, scratched, nicks. Still looks like new even in our Florida sun. I am told that most quality comercial graphics shops can do this. The one I use, Cutting Edge in Clearwater Fl, also does RV's, boats, trucks, busses, and even Evil Kenevil's show trucks. And It looks a lot better than the PT Factory flames.

Old 27 Jun 2003, 01:00 am
Regular Cruiser

Hi my name is Bill Seat and I run "Fastlane GrafiX & Airbrush Design" and 2coolPT is right, don't let anyone but a professional in stall them! Pep Boys in my area are selling vinyl flame and design graphics and lately I've seen a lot of bubbles wrinkles and just badly done graphic installs
Va. Director - PT Owners Club
703-597-5354
2003 Electric Pearl Blue Flamed GT Turbo
Stage 1 equipped
Old 28 Jun 2003, 09:59 am
Cool Cruiser

heres some cool flames but the painter is in prescott arizona but hes one of the best heres the web site WWW.AUTOARTBYTHEKID.COM and heres my pt
http://ptcruiserlinks.com/images/060703a.jpg

\"You All Laugh Because I\'M Different, I Laugh Because YOU\'RE All The Same!\"
Old 29 Jun 2003, 09:02 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Goldmember

Love PT CHIX Flames they look Great,, I want to add Flames to my Dreamer but prefer to get them painted
Old 01 Jul 2003, 09:10 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Indynick

Well, the new turbo is finely in. I will be picking it up in a few hours. Since this car is my wife’s, I was hoping to talk her into some sweet flames. Does anyone out there have pic’s of you PT with some flame graphics? Can anyone recommend a company that sells graphics?]
Perhaps we can persuade you to consider painted flames...?

Old 01 Jul 2003, 11:47 am
Dedicated Cruiser

I recommend that you consider painted flames over decals as, for the long-term, IMHO, they hold-up better and can be waxed/polished. Painted outline-flames......might be a good option as there cost is less and they look sharp--adding detail without drawing attention away from the car. GOOD LUCK.

My car was striped by ROY DUNN whose shop is located about 20 miles south of Seattle, Washington. He also does all types of flames and custom graphics. Highly recommend him to anyone living in the Pacific Northwest. He has been in business for many years and my PTC-GT is the third vehicle he has striped. IMHO, he is "the best" in the state of Washington.

DUNN Auto Graphics & Lettering
22616 Highway 99 #A
Des Moines, WA 98198

http://www.dunnautographics.com/

Roy Dunn standing next to my "Red ROAD ROCKET" after his hand-painted pin-striping and outline-flames had been completed.
Closed Thread