PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
"Slug-Bug"?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Jun 2003, 05:29 am
Young Cruiser

Default "Slug-Bug"?

I was driving in a crowded parking lot and passed two young girls (under 12) and there mom, the younger points at my car and says "Slug-Bug". The older one says "Silver, Slug Bug Silver. You didnt say say the color".

Off course they continued with "ooh thats a shiny new one too....". y'know, things that rub mine and mt PTs ego..but anyways, has anyone heard this term before or have i been sleeping under a rock. i think its cool that kids have a term like this for the PT![:X]
Old 27 Jun 2003, 08:46 am
Regular Cruiser

That's the old Punch Buggy game for VWs. Did one kid punch the other when saying it? See here: http://www.msu.edu/~steinbr1/vw/slugbug.htm [B)]

<b>CRUISES, MEETS, EVENTS, FRIENDS, FUN!</b>
Click banner to visit website:
Old 27 Jun 2003, 09:16 am
Dedicated Cruiser

That's hip hop for you really have a cool car.
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Old 27 Jun 2003, 09:41 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to yobiebs

Last weekend while I was cleaning my car, I watched two young boys punch the hell out of each other because one of them called my car a punch buggy and hit his friend. The friend turned and socked his assailant right back, claiming that it wasn't a punch buggy. Then they came over and asked me. I said no, but it was fun to watch them going back and forth!

The Philadelphia Flyer
Old 27 Jun 2003, 11:50 am
Young Cruiser

After I had ordered my PT GT (and waiting for it to arrive), I was walking through a parking lot with my 5 1/2-year old daughter. I told her daddy was going to get "one of those," pointing to a PT Cruiser. I assumed she wouldn't know one car from another, when she said directly: "You mean a PT Cruiser?" I was amazed & asked her how she knew what kind of car that was:

She said because we play "Cruiser Bruiser"--when you see one, you call it and hit the person next to you! Who woulda thunk it?

NOW, she has plenty of opportunity to slug people when daddy brings home the GT every day!
Old 27 Jun 2003, 01:52 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:...or have i been sleeping under a rock. i think its cool...
Don't think you've been sleeping under a rock ......as I have never heard the term "Slug-Bug" either.
Old 27 Jun 2003, 04:04 pm
Young Cruiser

whew i thought i was the only one who never heard this. i have heard of the beetles punch-bug. but when i heard slug-bug, i pictured a snail. now i get it-slug as in punch. duh.

i know of other youngins' two that are under 5 yrs old. one that is 3 yrs old, spots them on the street and says PT CWOOZA..
and the other one who is 4 refers to them as FAT CARS incuding the beetle. now aint that precious.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/deevpt
Old 04 Jul 2003, 01:24 am
Regular Cruiser

Hello all. Yeah, today (yesterday) there was an article in the Chicago Tribune's car section about the VW beetle and a sidebar described the variations of the "Punch Bug" game. Apparently "slug bug" involves looking for a VW. "Cruiser Bruiser" is what you really want to play cuz thats involves PTs! There's even RULES for those games, believe it or not... for example, you can't open up a can o'whoopa$$ on your buddy by lookin away from a car, then lookin at it again, then lookin away, and again and again. Best rule of all, unless your passengers see another on the road, nobody can slug you in your own PT!

Happy 4th y'all... check out www.maylin.net/Fireworks2.html

click on the black box...its amazing...
Old 04 Jul 2003, 12:09 pm
Cool Cruiser

Ed! Thanks for the link! It was truly amazing!
Never heard of Bruiser Cruiser! Punch buggy ofcourse but slug buggy either. I kinda blows my mind to think that the kids are doing what we where doing! Yes it makes me feel old too...... but that's okay[8]
Old 06 Jul 2003, 09:09 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kgdptblue

Ed! Thanks for the link! It was truly amazing!
Never heard of Bruiser Cruiser! Punch buggy ofcourse but slug buggy either. I kinda blows my mind to think that the kids are doing what we where doing! Yes it makes me feel old too...... but that's okay[8]
Yep my kid plays "Bruiser for a Cruiser". Unfortunately he usually spots 'em before me and for a 12 year old he leaves a pretty good bruise!!