Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Do you have this factory paint defect ?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Jul 2003, 10:38 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Do you have this factory paint defect ?

OK, this is kind of weird.

On my 2003 Dream Cruiser, you are looking at the urethane fillers that go between the rear bumper and the rear quarter panel, at the seam directly under the tail lamps.
On days when it's hot, and the panel expands, right in the seam, like it wraps around to the back, it seems that there is a place where maybe a machine was holding the panel as it was painted.it's just a slight dark place that looks like the paint missed it because it was being held there, and you can only see it when the temperature causes the filler to expand slightly in this area.
This drives me nuts, partly because I am anal-retentive, and partly because when I go to show the dealer, it has contracted and you can't see it.
It's like the car is laughing at me.

Anyone else noticed this?
Old 03 Jul 2003, 02:05 pm
Cool Cruiser

My electric blue GT has the same "defect"? One day when it was 80+ I took some touch up paint and dabbed it in there! Presto all gone!
Old 03 Jul 2003, 06:35 pm
Senior Cruiser

I haven't seen this yet but I do know they did a ****ty job of painting the underside of things. Under the doors and rocker panels, there is barely any paint. It's more primer/white than Elec Blue. Also, the underside of the hood is shabby. The underside of my Avenger is as shiney as the exterior[:I]
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 08 Jul 2003, 03:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

When I took delivery of my black 2003 GT (about three weeks ago) I noticed that both the hood and liftgate had what looked like dozens of small chips. They look like very tiny rock chips but don't appear to have gone all the way through the color coat. The dealer took the vehicle back and buffed/waxed so that they were not very noticable - at least until I washed/polished the car again. I told the dealer that I was extremely disappointed and - based on that experience - would never purchase another vehicle from them. They are having the clear-coat reapplied on both the hood and liftgate next week as a "warranty repair".
Closed Thread