PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Goodbye PT

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Jul 2003, 03:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Goodbye PT

I had my 2002 PT Limited for 1 1/2 years. I loved the retro style, did a lot of mods and enjoyed the PT community, but. In the end it was just too small for me (6'4" 220 lbs.) and didn't have enough power. Turn on the A/C (which was too loud) and try to merge, nothing. I test drove and immediately bought a Nissan Murano SL, V6 245 HP Continuosly Variable Transmission. More room, more power, huge wheels, more power, great styling, more power, considerably more money . . . You get the idea.
Old 09 Jul 2003, 04:02 pm
Cool Cruiser

Sorry to hear about your cruiser. I hate to say it, but you should've given the PT Turbo a shot. There's no shortage of power with this model, at least for me.
Old 09 Jul 2003, 04:28 pm
Senior Cruiser

I heard the Murano is very nice, although very expensive, considering it's badged as a Nissan.I think the high-line version of that is the new Infinity.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 09 Jul 2003, 10:28 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:...I hate to say it, but you should've given the PT Turbo a shot....
I agree! I find the GT Turbo fits us big guys quite well--I'm 6' 3"/215lbs. Furthermore, when I put my foot on the gas pedal I'm up to 80mph before I know it--great car! [8)]

Good luck with the new Murano. [^] IMHO it is a fast and beautiful car. However, recommend you read the test report in the August issue of Consumer Reports stating they "found a bug in the Murano's steering" which was termed "a minor safety concern."
Old 10 Jul 2003, 09:47 am
Senior Cruiser

I went from a 2002 Dream Cruiser (non-turbo), to a 2003 Dream Cruiser (turbo) and the difference is night and day.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 10 Jul 2003, 11:41 am
Cool Cruiser

I agree with everyone, my wife has an '02 Limited PT, great car not enough power for me but just right for the wife. But as soon as I was able to get my hands on the GT it was love at first drive

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 10 Jul 2003, 02:24 pm
Cool Cruiser

(Upmanship) I'm 6'7" and fit in well... even with the moonroof! [8] I also don't get any backaches driving this thing (1800 miles roundtrip to CTFIII).

I agree with the power issue.

The Murano is a PT. Look at all the styling cues that have been woven into a trendy disco truck theme.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 06:24 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I don't know how someone 6ft7 can be comfortable. I'm only 5ft9 and I have to bend my neck down to see traffic lights too often, and I have the seat adjusted as low as it will go. Don't get me wrong, though, I LOVE MY PT and cannot imagine trading it in for a Nissan.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 08:58 pm
Cool Cruiser

Well, I guess I do have to bend for the lights too... but, come to think of it, I've always had to. Rear view mirrors are always a problem. I have manual seats and don't know if they differ from others as far as height adjusrtment goes.

BTW: The PT's about 5" shorter than my wife's Civic!!!! That's a big WOW............
Old 11 Jul 2003, 09:21 am
Cool Cruiser

I have to bend for lights as well. I'm thinking of pulling the seat closer to the steering wheel and tilting the seat back but I'm not sure if that will give me the angle I need to see the traffic lights.

At night, I just watch for the reflection on my dashboard to change from red to green.