Advertisements
California Car Duster any one use one

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Jul 2003, 11:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default California Car Duster any one use one

California Car Duster any one use one [:I]

have anything good[?] or bad[xx(] to say about them ?????
Old 14 Jul 2003, 04:52 am
Young Cruiser

i did once but im afraid to use it again coz i dragged it across and i think the (light) dust may have dragged scratches on.

[:I]..anyone else use this thing?

http://www.cardomain.com/id/deevpt
Old 14 Jul 2003, 09:17 am
Dedicated Cruiser

This product has mixed reviews from the professionals and show car owners alike. My opinion is I won't use it. You are basically dragging whatever dust, soot, or tiny particles across your car. I use spray detail and a micro fiber to remove dust, the spray lubricates (thus no scratching) and the micro fiber "traps" whatever is on the car (90,000 micro fibers per square inche)
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Old 14 Jul 2003, 09:22 am
Regular Cruiser

I've been using one for about a year now and I couldn't do without it. Follow the instructions when you first buy it (you have to lay it out on newspaper for a couple of days so the excess paraffin wax on the duster gets absorbed) and then use it.

Unlike 'normal' dusters it doesn't drag the dust off, but lifts it and traps it in the fibre. You don't have to bear down on the duster just lightly wipe it over the surface. I just beat it against my hand before and after I use it to knock loose any dust, but that is all the cleaning it needs. It advertises as "The dirtier it gets, the more efficient it is. Mine is filthy (!) and does a great job. I wouldn't use anything else for quick dust offs - it lifts pollen in the spring unbelievably well. Just don't use it on hot surfaces as I believe that might leave paraffin wax streaks on the paintwork.
[?]
Old 14 Jul 2003, 11:45 am
Fresh Cruiser

what about the duster for inside of the car any problems
with that one ?
Old 14 Jul 2003, 12:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

The only place I do use it is on the dash,wheel and instrumet clusters.That's it.I try my best never to touch the exterior with anything.

InfernoRed
Old 14 Jul 2003, 12:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to yobiebs

I use the one on the interior, too. But I feel like a lot of times, I end up with more red pieces of lint than the dust that was on my dash!!!!

The Philadelphia Flyer
Old 14 Jul 2003, 01:15 pm
Regular Cruiser

For the inside of the car I use the "Swiffer" (swiffler?) disposable dusters that come in boxes along with a disposable handle. A quick whisk around the dash with one of those picks up all the dust and then I just throw it away.
Old 14 Jul 2003, 02:17 pm
Cool Cruiser

Been using one for a long time and it's great. I have no worries about scratching the finish. As long as the car is just dusty it works great but if there is dirt on the car you should wash it. I use Zaino Z-6 after I use the duster. I don't think it's a good idea to use detail spays on a dusty car even with a microfiber towel because that will more than likely do more damage to the finish than the duster will. The duster picks up the dust rather than move it around

Old 14 Jul 2003, 03:56 pm
Senior Cruiser

I agree, it is a great product for just a dusty car. I have one that I have used for quite some time with no ill effects to my paint. With all the dusters I see in use on pristine cars at car shows I feel pretty confident that they don't do harm.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Closed Thread