PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
warning stickers on visors - remove 'em?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Jul 2003, 12:49 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default warning stickers on visors - remove 'em?

Here's a little "newbie" question that has probably been settled by you veterans long ago. Is there a way to remove the big warning stickers on the visors without leaving a permanent mark, or do we non-custom types just have to put up with them. If I remove them are the Feds going to haul me off to Leavenworth? [:I]
Old 29 Jul 2003, 01:30 am
Cool Cruiser

you can order the vinyl graphics that go right over them from www.streamlinedesign.com, haven't done this yet but from the pics I've seen they look good

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 29 Jul 2003, 03:04 am
Dedicated Cruiser

These are quality-made decals from Streamline Design... However, if you look closely at their website there is a disclaimer posted about using these decals to cover up the airbag safety-warning stickers: "*Note: Although this appliqué is the same size, we don’t recommend that you cover the airbag warnings on the visors. If you do, you take full responsibility and will be held completely liable in the event of accident or injury. We cannot be held liable for your placement of these vinyl appliqués. Please make sure to read and understand your airbag warning stickers."
Old 29 Jul 2003, 10:09 am
Regular Cruiser

The may leave a mark when you take them off. You are better to cover them. In Canada only the owner of the vehicle can remove the stickers. The dealships cannot.

--------
2003 Silver GT
PT Cruiser 3rd Brk cling, APC GEN2 Eurotails. BTG Intake. StreetGlow Gold Series underglow kit \"Green\". BTG Strut tower Brace.
Old 29 Jul 2003, 11:00 am
Fresh Cruiser

Go with the streamline vinyl they're low cost and look great. I just pot mine last week.
Old 29 Jul 2003, 11:31 am
Regular Cruiser

I think this was one of the first mods I did so long ago ()

Go ahead and get 'em. Do you really need to be reminded about the airbag every time you drop your visor - and while you're at it go and rip the tags of all of your mattresses too!!

[?]
Old 29 Jul 2003, 11:45 am
Obsessed Cruiser

and while you're at it go and rip the tags off all of your mattresses too!! thats a good one !!

Old 29 Jul 2003, 06:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the replies. It seems unanimous on the streamline stickers. I appreciate the input! First the PT, then the mattresses!
Old 29 Jul 2003, 08:06 pm
Cool Cruiser

Streamlinedesign.com. Did it, love it. Also covered the decal on the rear shelf. Also got the PT Decal for the hood release. Love them all, you will too!
Old 31 Jul 2003, 12:27 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to secretspy

I'm too lazy to go out and look, but I don't think there are any of those stickers on my Cruiser. My brother has a cruiser too and i remember noticing them on his, but i dont think they're on mine...
Closed Thread