PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
I Wanna buy a PT

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Jul 2003, 05:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default I Wanna buy a PT

I just joined this forum because, like PTLovin, I want to but a Cruiser. I read that you all considered the 2002 model the best buy on the used market. What is the difference between a 2001 and 2002? I got a line on a 2001 that I like, but should I hold out and wait for a 2002 to come along? Your insights and comments will be much appreciated.

I do plan to mod my PT up a bit! [8)]
Old 30 Jul 2003, 05:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

welcome to a great board!! i think the 02 has or has had the least amount of problems !! hope you get one they are great cars !! good luck !![8D]
Old 30 Jul 2003, 06:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Hey Bob, considering all the problems your having, I'm surprised your even recommending a PT to anyone. PT-ERA, Bob's probably right about less problems with the 02, but Chrysler in their infinite wisdom decided to eliminate some things on the 02 which were standard on the 01 model like real chrome wheels, so check around and see that your getting everything you want in your PT. The used PT market should be a buyers delight.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 11:19 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

to the Forum.

I would recommend the 2002 PTC because it is my understanding it did much better in the government crash tests--4 stars vs. 2 stars for the 2001 model. This "poor safety performance" was the primary reason Consumer Reports did not recommend the PT Cruiser the first year it was on the market.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 09:43 am
Cool Cruiser

Well Gary, I think you just sold me. If I plan to get a PT and take my family to the PT gatherings, I want one that is safe! I guess I'll be patient and scour the web for the PT I want. Wish me luck!

BTW, I'm looking for a Patriot Blue (my son likes blue) Touring or Limited, low miles, auto trans with a sunroof. Gotta have the sunroof! [?]
Old 31 Jul 2003, 11:03 am
Obsessed Cruiser

hey crewzin, i still love my car i just hate chrysler corp people!! the dealership has treated me like gold i didnt even buy the car there !! its all the contacts with chryslers itself they suck !!
Old 31 Jul 2003, 11:59 am
Senior Cruiser

Bob, one thing that you have to remember, the dealership will always try to place the blame on some one else. It makes them look like the good guy. Not all of them, but some of them and in your case I think they are trying to throw the blame on MAMA (Chrysler).
Old 31 Jul 2003, 12:41 pm
Cool Cruiser

WELCOME! these are nice people here.[8]

flames&stripes by \"gator\" 2003 milan dragway \"chrysler classic\" winner
Old 31 Jul 2003, 03:45 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Wish me luck!
PT-ERA:
Good luck finding that Patriot Blue 2002 PTC...
Old 31 Jul 2003, 06:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

The early '02s are the better buy. Check the mirrors. If they fold, you have an early one. You will get REAL chrome wheels, folding mirrors and an engine cover. Also opt for 4 wheel disc brakes. They were an option. I think the LE is the better buy because the luxury items are standard. I have an early 02 TE (birthday today) and an early 03 GT (also birthday today)