Advertisements
Calling all stock PT's

Like Tree1Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Aug 2003, 11:51 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Calling all stock PT's

I know it's getting late in the year already, kids will be going back to school. But their are still plently of car shows going on, which means fun with your Cruiser. You don't have to have mods galore to enter a car show. Since so don't see many "stock" ones at shows, you have an easier time winning a trophy in stock class. The one I went to in Indy, had a few hundred Cruisers of which 85% were custom. That meant you had a much better chance winning in stock class. I just wanted to encourage those that are interested (but apprehensive) to bring their Cruiser to a show to just do it. It is a fun experience. My next topic I will be posting on my detailing page will be how to get ready for shows. Simple tips to cleaning the day of. [^]cheers, Gary
Old 04 Aug 2003, 12:26 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

cool web site gary!!
Old 05 Aug 2003, 09:00 pm
Regular Cruiser

Gary, I agree.....

I think a well detailed "stock" PT is just as qualified for a look as some of the bigbuck modded ones...and folks should feel just as proud of their "stock" as anyone. Taking care of their "love" says alot about being an enthusiast.

I have two identical 2001 Patriot Blue Limiteds....pretty darn stock and pretty well maintained...and will put 'em in a show 'cause being there is the most important thing. Winning isn't a real good reason to be amounst friends.
Old 06 Aug 2003, 12:02 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Right on Gary!!!! My wife enteres her stock 2002 PT Cruiser whenever she gets a chance. At one PT Cruiser she got a second place in the stock class and I got second place in the modified class. It was her very first trophy. She was thrilled.

At a Morar show we parked her Inferno Red stock 2002 right next to our 2001 modified Inferno Red ride. It was fun to watch the judge compare the two to see what we had done to our modified PT Cruiser. I think it helped us get third place in the Front Wheel Drive Modified class. We were the only PT Cruiser to place at the show.[8D]

There is a place for stock PT Cruisers at shows.[8)]

Don aka Basset Hound

Pics at: http://members4.clubphoto.com/don284358/
Old 06 Aug 2003, 12:41 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Hey B hound, somehow I can't imagion a stock Cruiser in your family, after seeing your car. I like the contrast though. Gary
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Old 07 Aug 2003, 06:27 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Gary, we can't afford mods on two Cruisers.

Don aka Basset Hound

Pics at: http://members4.clubphoto.com/don284358/
Old 07 Aug 2003, 07:16 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to satellite66

I sometimes think I have the only stock PT on the planet. I guess most of the people with stock PTs don't go to shows.

2003 Electric Blue 5spd
Many on the political left are so entranced by the beauty of their vision that they cannot see the ugly reality they are creating in the real world.
Old 08 Aug 2003, 03:22 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to yobiebs

what is tough is when you're stuck between stock and custom. I put in a new stereo and speakers and an air intake. At Carlisle, this was enough to bump me out of the stock category, into a category way above my head. Oh well, I guess i'll just have to add more mods now! [?]
Ptaxi01 likes this.

The Philadelphia Flyer
Old 08 Aug 2003, 03:27 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Yobiebs, More Mods....More Mods.....you need more mods.
Welcome back![?]
Alan
Old 08 Aug 2003, 03:31 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to yobiebs

Alan, if it's a matter of the fact that you've already modded your car to the tilt and want to start working on mine, fine with me!!!

I'll email you next week to try and schedule our next session. You think you could help me get my new Eibach's on? They're sitting in the living room waiting to be installed....but I don't know if that's asking too much.

The Philadelphia Flyer
Closed Thread