PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Perfect Finish

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Aug 2003, 10:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Perfect Finish

I have a 2003 Inferno Red Turbo PT. I have tried products from Zanio's, Klasse, Wheel Wax, and Zymal. Gary Kouba aka Turbomangt,
aka www.perfectautofinish.com

Over the past 4 months I have sent Gary several emails asking for help on one thing or another. He always wrote back with a answer. When his website came up I ordered the pre-cleaner, paint sealent, & tire dressing. I detailed my PT this weekend and it has nevered look so good. To day at Lunch a guy came up to me and asked what I did to get such a shine.

I have some Zanio products for sale @ 50% off plus shipping, email me for list.

Red[8)]
Old 06 Aug 2003, 12:48 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Turbo Red, I'm speechless. But thrilled to death. The fact is that I love the people hear, so I don't mind spending time helping out. The concept that I carry with me in my business is consumer education in car care. People think that the more they spend the better the products. Not true as you already found out. I fell prey to many companies and got bunrt. Too bad you can;t attend one of my seminars. Thanks, its getting late. I have more fun stuff on my mind I will share tomorrow with everyone. Gary> 2003 turbo CHARGED![^]
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Old 06 Aug 2003, 12:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

hey turbo red, what do you have to sell?? let me know thanks
Old 06 Aug 2003, 06:48 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bobs turbo pt

hey turbo red, what do you have to sell?? let me know thanks
If Mr. Post Whore[8]isn't interested in what you have for sale, I may be.

ps~ just kidding Bob. I haven't seen anyone tease you in a long while...[^]
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 07 Aug 2003, 12:00 am
Dedicated Cruiser

I think Turbo Red is selling off his Zaino just like I am. If I had two pair of pants, one had a Levi name on the tag the other had brand X, but both pairs were exectly the same. The Levi was priced at $60 and the other one was $20, I know which one I would buy. Many people still think the more they spend the better it is.
Old 08 Aug 2003, 01:58 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

IMHO, any car, even new ones could use a proper paint prep (Claybar, then SMR or Paint Cleanser product) to correct any defects and/or to bring out the maximum shine and a smooth feeling paint before waxing. Some say 95% of your shine will come from the prep stages. An old joke is that after a proper paint prep, even Turtle Wax will look good. As far as which wax you use, it's an individual judgement and use whatever products that give you the shine you are looking for. The amount of perceived shine, depth, etc. is very subjective and everybody is different.
Old 08 Aug 2003, 03:15 pm
Cool Cruiser

Speaking of finish, after I applied Zaino polish and have washed the black GT several times with the Zaino wash I've noticed the finish looks almost like the surface of an Orange, I'm sure it wasn't like this when I viewed it in the showroom. Can anyone tell me whats going on? Anyone else see this on the factory paint job?

I would like to believe it has nothing to do with the over $150 worth of product I bought from Zaino but I'm just not sure.

Old 08 Aug 2003, 10:48 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Opps, someone didn;t tell this PT about my web site> I have converted Zaino fans over many times over. $150 worth of Zaino hmmmmm. $150 worth of my sealant would last for 6 generations. Cars might be outdated before you use it all. I would say you did something wrong in the application process. Sci Fi is correct, prep is 99% of the result. In the Zaino case, the prep work requires a PHD in Chemistry (z-1,z-2 z-Bra? anyway. I would stripe it clean with dawn and contact me and I'll walk you through it if you like. YOu don't have to buy anything, just glad to help if I can. I don't think its the paint. Gary
Closed Thread