PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
To PT or Not To PT?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Aug 2003, 11:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default To PT or Not To PT?

I am trying to find me a car that I can drive. I will be doing some traveling approx. 3 hour road trips for work.. and then just around town with my 2 1/2 year old.... school, swim lessons and parks...

So I can get a 02 PT or a PT Mercury Sable both about same miles 12k and both same price ... PT is about 1k more... on paper they both get the same mpg....

So what would you do.

P.S. I am turning 40 this month so I am leaning toward the PT

Old 11 Aug 2003, 12:20 am
Regular Cruiser

A Sable is good transportation, but a PT Cruiser has a whole lot more FUN quotient. Go for the PT, any car that has as many fanatics as the PT must have something good going for it. [8)]
Old 11 Aug 2003, 12:28 am
Fresh Cruiser

Of course we're all kinda PT-nutz here, but GO for the PT!!! In spite of its great looks, it is also a great, practical car. You can't go wrong, you get the best of both. Enjoy it! >--<
Old 11 Aug 2003, 12:28 am
Fresh Cruiser

I was really worried about being in the driver seat for 3 hours at a time..... how is that.... I love the way it drove at the dealer but that is not real life
Old 11 Aug 2003, 12:33 am
Fresh Cruiser

I was looking at a 02 PT with 12k miles on it... I guess a basic model with power everything I cared about...... windows, locks, cd player... no sunroof.... for $13,998 is that good or keep looking

Just say the word and I will join the group tomorrow
Old 11 Aug 2003, 12:45 am
Fresh Cruiser

My '02 Touring had 13k when I bought it earlier this summer. It has all the bells and whistles, except for sunroof and leather (which I didn't want anyway). I paid somewhat less than what you're looking at, but I had been shopping for a couple of months, and finally found what I wanted at a good price (150 miles away). As for driving comfort, I have a bad back that doesn't like long trips, but I find the PT just as comfortable as any car I drive, and much better than some. I've made a few 5 and 6 hour trips in it with no regrets.
Old 11 Aug 2003, 12:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

PT all the way, get the PT you won't regret it!!! Sable? Ever been to a Sable Cruise? Ever searched the web for "mods" for a Sable?

Seriously, we need cars so why not have some fun with it, you will never have as much fun with a Sable as a PT!!

Can you remove the seats and load all kinds of stuff in Sable?

I could go on and on but you get the idea.

Old 11 Aug 2003, 01:09 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

We have an 02 Touring Edition, auto trans and took a 1900 mile round trip South with it in the spring. Driving 8-9 hours a day, 3 adults, baggage for a week and no complaints on comfort or gas milage for that matter. MPG ranged from 23-32 depending on A/C use and mountain driving.
Go for the PT and enjoy yourself.
[8)]

Del Val PT Cruisers
Old 11 Aug 2003, 02:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I take 4 trips a year to Maryland from Florida in the PT(886 miles one way). Wife and I drive straight thru only stopping for gas and munchies. I drive the first 6 hours, wife drives 3 and I take over for the last 4 hours. I'm never in pain from driving and only get out at fuel stops to walk around a bit to stretch the legs and get the blood circulating. We tried the same thing in the wife's SUV and my sports car and my back and bum were killing me at each stop. The PT is a great cruising machine.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 11 Aug 2003, 03:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I have 14 K on my 03 GT. I did 710 miles returning from Texas and I felt fine. BTW I also owned a 95 Ford Taurus until January this year.
Buy the PT[8)]