PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Part 1. detailing quiz

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Aug 2003, 12:02 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Part 1. detailing quiz

Ok, lets have some fun. After reading a recent post about detailing, and after hosting detailing classes all around my area, I feel that education is the only way to inform people on proper car care. So I'm going to have a fun quiz, so you can test your knowledge. The winner will recieved a micro fiber towel, spray detail and some other fun stuff. multiple winners I will pick one winner and draw from a hat. Answers will be posted Friday pm. YOU MUST POST YOUR ANSWERS TO ME THROUGH MY WEB SITE FOR IT TO BE COUNTED BEFORE FRIDAY 6 PM.

1.The most important step when detailing your car is during the >
a. compound stage b. polishing stage c. prep stage d. wax/ seal stage

2.The best wax on the market, under the best conditions will last how long on a daily driver car? a. 2-3 months b. 6 months c 7-8 months
d. a year e. 30 days

3.When choosing the final application finish for your car, which product will give you the best and longest lasting protection? a. a high qulity polish b. a wax with 100% carnauba c. a synthetic sealant d. a polymer glaze e. a clear coat

4.Scratches are usually introduced into your cars finish during which stage? a. the polishing stage b. the waxing stage c. the prep stage d. the wash /drying stage

5.Using Dawn dish soap does what to your finish? a. removes dirt only, not wax b. removes wax, won't harm a sealant c. removes everything including wax and or sealants d. will harm your clear coat

6.When drying your car, what is most important a. making sure all contaminants are removed b. using a leather chamois c. wiping from top to bottom d. using a water blade

7.For cleaning windows the proper mix is a 30/2 ratio mixture of distilled water and a. rubbing alcohol b. ammonia c. denatured alcohol e. vinegar

8.The best towel to use for removing polish, wax, spray detail, and cleaning glass is a. terri towel b. micro fiber c. diaper d. flannel towel e. cotton towel

9.Paint cleaners are designed for a. removing tar b. removing surface contaminants c. removing minor imperfections in the finish d. polishing the surface e. removing severe surface scratches

10.Solvent based dressings will do what to your car a. destroy rubber over time b. give tires a high shine c. leave a harmful sticky hard to remove residue on your finish d. possibly ignite if used under your hood e. all the above

11.Water based dressings are safer for your car for what reasons? a. they can be used under the hood b. they won't harm your finish c. they can be used in whell wells and on tires d. all the above

12.Leather seats should be conditioned on an average of how long to prevent drying out and cracking a. once a year b. twice a year c 2-3 times a year d. 4 times a year e. once a month

13.The best quality Micro fiber material is coming from where> a. Korea c. China b. South America c. Brazil d. Holland

True or False
14. Dual Action buffers are used for applying heaving compounds?

15. High speed buffers are designed for problem finishes only

16. Wool pads are safer to use than foam pads

17. High speed buffers should be used on any full service exterior professional detail job.

18. Swirl marks can be introduced into a finish in many ways, the high speed buffer can be the most destructive tool to your car when in the wrong hands?

19. All detail centers are regulated so you can be safe that a professional will do the right job on your car?

20. Some waxes on the market are price over $1,200 for an 8oz jar

Multiple choice

When considering a professional detail job, ask the following questions. a. ask for refernces b. do they use filtered or recycled water c. what products do they use d. will they use any acid cleaners e. make sure they buff your car
That'S it for now, I will make part 2 a little more difficult for those that need more of a challenge. Maybe in a few weeks or so. GOOD LUCK TO ALL, I'LL GET THE GOODIE BAG READY FOR ONE LUCKY WINNER! REMEMBER to post answers on my web site NOT here. I will post answers here Later on Friday, and Sat I will post th
Old 13 Aug 2003, 07:10 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Hey guys, only 25 people have posted answers out of 52 hits? Maybe I should give away a dream cruiser? (right) I'm giving away some nice detail products to one lucky winner. Gary03gt??? Crewzin??? I thought you guys would be first. THIS IS FOR FUN, plus you might learn something.
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Old 13 Aug 2003, 10:45 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Since I retired I've stopped taking tests except to renew my driver's license so I can continue crusin' in my turbo car....

Old 14 Aug 2003, 08:40 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by turbomangt

Hey guys, only 25 people have posted answers out of 52 hits? Maybe I should give away a dream cruiser? (right) I'm giving away some nice detail products to one lucky winner. Gary03gt??? Crewzin??? I thought you guys would be first. THIS IS FOR FUN, plus you might learn something.
Cool your jets! I'm still researching my answers!