Advertisements
New Owner

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Aug 2003, 09:09 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default New Owner

[8D]

Well, I actually did it! Today I bought a Inferno Red 2002 Pt Cruiser LT, loaded with all the bells and whistles! I got lots of good remarks from my neighboors. I can't wait to start tweaking her out! She already has a name...Serenity! I'll get pics as soon as we replace our stolen camera! I'll be hitting these forums a lot for advice on upgrades and performance improvements! [8)]
Old 16 Aug 2003, 11:17 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ZZCruzr

Welcome! You have come to the right place for upgrade and performance improvements! More importantly, you'll also find a lot of friendly folk with the same passion AND the generousity to share it! Enjoy the ride! (...and the grin!)
Black Clearcoat 2003 Turbo GT w/gray leather interior...rear splash guards, stainless door sills, air bag decals, red painted brake calipers, BTG duals, AMX cold air intake, Blaine hood struts, ZZcruZr third brake light diffuser, AutoVation pedals, MoMo F16 Evo red gearshift.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 01:31 am
Fresh Cruiser

Congratulations PT-ERA! I picked up my '02 earlier this summer, and this Forum was a BIG help to me before and after the purchase. Enjoy the ride and pop up a picture for us when you get the chance.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 03:27 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Congratulations on your PT!

My curiousity has the best of me. What is Serene about Inferno[}]Red? Or is it because you now have your own PT?[?][?]
Old 17 Aug 2003, 11:43 am
Cool Cruiser

Heh, good point! Inferno Red is not really "serene." I've named the car after a starship from the short-lived, but very great Sci-fi TV show "Firefly." In that show, an independent spacer, Malcolm Reynolds, was trying to make a living outside the established order of the "Alliance of Free Planets." The PT Cruiser reminds me of that. The PT to me is my way of not conforming to the "established order" of car design. Perhaps I'm going thru my "mid-life chrysler", but the PT is unique and stylish and practical and not like everybody else! Anyway, that's a rather wordy way of describing my Serenity. If you have the means, I encourage anyone to watch "Firefly," and while doing that, think about what your PT Cruiser means to you. You and Malcolm Reynolds may think alike! Cruise On!! [8)]
Old 17 Aug 2003, 10:59 pm
Senior Cruiser

Welcome aboard!
Old 18 Aug 2003, 01:08 am
Fanatic Cruiser

3 things you MUST DO to your new PT

1. Blane hood struts
2. Clay the paint
3. ZAINO

DO it now before winter and you will be glad you did.

Welcome to the forum. You will find many people here willing to help with ideas and advice.

GTSteve

2003 Electric Blue GT. Mods - BTG lowering springs, Polished Blane hood struts and hatch strut covers, chrome door handle scratch guards, molded rear splash guards, BTG polished strut tower brace, BTG axle back exhaust, K&N drop in air filter with baffles removed, Royal Purple synthetic motor oil and K&N filter, Polished front and rear sill plates, Chrome \"PT CRUISER\" rear license plate frame, chrome door spear covers, Chrome antenna bezel, Get the BEST detail products from Gary here: http://www.perfectautofinish.com/
See my PT and mods here:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289059783

MY EMAIL ADDRESS: stephenlarson@adelphia.net
Old 18 Aug 2003, 03:34 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I really liked "Firefly".[:I] In the episode where he got Serenity, he expressed she had some of the same attributes which make the PT so popular.
When DC thinks outside of the box(94Ram,etc), the others laugh...and then move the box to cover their ...![B)]
Old 18 Aug 2003, 12:43 pm
Cool Cruiser

GTSTEVE - I do plan on fixing the finish, but first I gotta take the car back to the dealer I bought her from. They promised to fix some minor paint scratches on her. Then I will lay on about 30 coats of wax and get her all nice and "shiny" before winter hits.
2Sb - Firefly was one of the best shows on air! I bet you if we polled a lot of the PT owners, they would like the show for those same reasons. We PT owners think "outside of the box!" Cruise on!

Burn the land and boil the sea
you can't take the sky from me!