PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stick it in your>>>>>>

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Aug 2003, 09:20 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Stick it in your>>>>>>

DOORJAMS, AROUND THE HOOD, AND TRUNK. sorry, I'm talking about a leaf blower when your drying your car. Has anyone tried this yet?. A few of my fellow Detailers are passing around many positives comments about how effective it is in the drying stage. So I started doing it a few weeks ago, but waited untill I was sure of how it works before posting. Man, you can't believe how fast, and easy it blows water out of every crack on your car. Saves time, and when you think of it, nothing is touching your car while drying. When you get most of the water out with the blower, what is left can easily be done in no time by hand.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 11:04 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Leaf blowers was mentioned for drying PT's back in 2001 (perhaps earlier) at another forum: http://ptenthusiasts.org/PTForums/sh...t=leaf+blowers

Believe the consensus was to use an electric leaf blower instead of a gas driven one.
Old 18 Aug 2003, 01:04 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I bought a small electric blower today at SHUCKS for $20. It has a rubber snout on it so you won't scratch the paint. It works really well for drying and blowing water out arount the door jams.

Also, when I rinse the car, I take the nozzle off and "flood" the surface so that the water sheets. Try this and you will have a lot less water to dry off the paint.

I also clayed my car when it was new, sealed the paint, and then allpied ZAINO. It makes washing and drying a breeze.

Hope my experience helps others.

GTSteve

2003 Electric Blue GT. Mods - BTG lowering springs, Polished Blane hood struts and hatch strut covers, chrome door handle scratch guards, molded rear splash guards, BTG polished strut tower brace, BTG axle back exhaust, K&N drop in air filter with baffles removed, Royal Purple synthetic motor oil and K&N filter, Polished front and rear sill plates, Chrome \"PT CRUISER\" rear license plate frame, chrome door spear covers, Chrome antenna bezel, Get the BEST detail products from Gary here: http://www.perfectautofinish.com/
See my PT and mods here:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289059783

MY EMAIL ADDRESS: stephenlarson@adelphia.net
Old 19 Aug 2003, 07:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Who the hell needs a leaf blower. I just tell mt wife Ill be working on the car today . I position it near the downstairs door and she comes running down thew stairs like a freight train. The door flys open and she starts yappin about how i spend more time on the car then I spend with with her. Theirs a lot of wind commin out of that tunnel.Presto its dry just kiddin honey
Old 19 Aug 2003, 07:45 pm
Senior Cruiser

I used to use the exhaust side of my shop vac. Now I have a compressor in the garage. Don't leave home without it.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 19 Aug 2003, 07:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Cal Cruzer

I used to use the exhaust side of my shop vac.
Same here..use it on the engine and wheels and door jams. Then stick the end into the intake side and go over the interior.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Closed Thread